/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilit
Posted By: ironsDate: 2/3/07 9:54 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilit (Misha@WMaiD)

: I guess I'll be capable of
: spawning another projectile (or multiple projectiles with different
: graphics) ...
: Or spawn multiple projectiles on detonation to act like frag slivers.

Lua doesn't let you spawn projectiles.

: Or make monsters blow up in fountains of gibs when killed.

This is more plausible. You'd have to use specially modified monsters as the gibs, though, since it is possible to create new monsters with Lua.

: Or make them shot-responsive in a way you can blow pieces of armor off them.

Maybe impossible. There isn't a function that allows you to detect when a monster takes damage, but you might be able to detect every monster's health at each tick and compare it to that monster's health on the last tick. If the current health level of a given monster is lower than its previous health level (by any amount, or, if you want, only by certain amounts), then you can spawn an "armor piece" monster and have it get killed. Its "dying" sequence would be the armor flying off, and if you really wanted, you could have a "dead/hard dead" sequence of the armor so the pieces would stay on the ground. I guess it's more possible than I originall thought!

: Anyway, I'm off to work now, so keep your fingers crossed. There might be a
: really cool marathon mod coming up :D

If you want me to give you advice or to take over the Lua scripting myself (or anything in between), e-mail me.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitiesMisha@WMaiD 1/17/07 3:56 a.m.
     Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilittreellama 1/17/07 4:41 a.m.
           Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 1/19/07 2:14 p.m.
                 Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilittreellama 1/19/07 6:26 p.m.
                       Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 1/24/07 3:31 a.m.
                             Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilittreellama 1/24/07 4:53 a.m.
                                   Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 1/31/07 11:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 2/2/07 9:43 a.m.
                                         Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilittreellama 2/2/07 10:39 a.m.
                                               Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 2/3/07 9:05 a.m.
                                                     Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitirons 2/3/07 9:54 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.