/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilities
Posted By: Misha@WMaiDDate: 1/17/07 3:56 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I've recently joined the WMaiD Team as a graphic, and I have some questions regarding the sprite behaviour programming in WMaiD. I want to get some effects you've seen around, for example in Abuse, that would immensely increase the gameplay of Marathon, both in multi and in single player. I'm gonna go really wild with it, so please fasten your seatbelts :)

1. Can a projectile spawn more than one contrail at a time? Any way to govern how it's done?
2. Can a projectile spawn a contrail more often than 1 tick?
3. Can we govern the vectors of projectiles, for example: moving back, or moving upwards? Can this variable change with the number of contrails? (for instance, odd contrails going left, even contrails going right)
4. Can contrails deal damage?
5. When projectile detonates, can it spawn more projectiles? Any way to govern the direction of these? (frag-grenade style)
6. Can monsters have negative kickback weapons?
7. Is there any way to increase field of view of the player? Is this a heresy? :D
8. Can we make a projectile that is cursor-homing? (broadly understood)
9. Can we make a projectile use a random sequence of animation upon spawning? Or at least start the loop at a different frame? (not to make every projectile look the same, especially in fusion pistol-style weapons)
10. Can we make a monster or a weapon consist of more than 1 sprite (vide Marathon 1 Missile Launcher), for example armor that can be blown off by a projectile? Can we make projectiles leave marks on enemies?
11. Can we make damage mapping on a sprite in a similar way to transparency mapping? (2 areas are enough. Headshot anyone?)
12. Can we have weapons that passively increase the speed of the player?
13. Simply speaking, can a contrail be killed more slowly than the speed of projectile determines? (long rocket laucher contrail dissolving slowly)
14. Can we make a weapon display its stats - amount of ammo, progress charging...

That's all I think, more points will probably arise with the discussion. It would be a real fun to make the engine utilize all of it's variables, not only the ones we are allowed to in Anvil.

A friend of mine, who unfortunately is not participating in the making of WMaiD, agreed to help if some tweaks should be made to the engine. Take this into account, because if including some of the stuff I mentioned would require minor tweaks (minor=not excessively time consuming), there is a chance we'll have it rolling :).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitiesMisha@WMaiD 1/17/07 3:56 a.m.
     Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilittreellama 1/17/07 4:41 a.m.
           Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 1/19/07 2:14 p.m.
                 Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilittreellama 1/19/07 6:26 p.m.
                       Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 1/24/07 3:31 a.m.
                             Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilittreellama 1/24/07 4:53 a.m.
                                   Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 1/31/07 11:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 2/2/07 9:43 a.m.
                                         Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilittreellama 2/2/07 10:39 a.m.
                                               Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitMisha@WMaiD 2/3/07 9:05 a.m.
                                                     Re: Questions about AO MML, Lua, engine possibilitirons 2/3/07 9:54 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.