/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Frustrating monster behavior
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/6/07 8:32 p.m.

Ok, so I've got a level where I want to have Bobs standing around at attention, a pair for each important doorway and such, not moving or doing anything; and in the same (big, outdoor) area, I want to have some MADDs floating about on patrol. There are supposed to be no enemies in this area.

But I can't seem to get the MADDs moving and the Bobs not. I tried having all the Bobs marked deaf and blind, but none of the MADDs marked such; but then nobody moves at all until I shoot someone, and at this point in the level you have no guns yet. So I tried putting some invisible compilers in the area right next to the MADDs so that the MADDs (who are set to activate by "nearest hostile") would see them, activate, and attack them. But they didn't activate until I got in the area, which is bad because there aren't supposed to be invisible compilers here. So I put an Invisible Monster Trigger a little ways outside the area, so that the compilers would be activated (but not everybody else), activating the MADDs but not the Bobs. However, that seems to be activating everything.

Anybody have any ideas how to make this work how I want it? Is it perhaps the fact that the Bobs can see the MADDs activating, even though they're marked "blind"?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Frustrating monster behaviorForrest of B.org 1/6/07 8:32 p.m.
     Re: Frustrating monster behaviorkyjel 1/6/07 8:46 p.m.
     Re: Frustrating monster behaviorgoran 1/6/07 11:03 p.m.
           Re: Frustrating monster behaviorForrest of B.org 1/6/07 11:52 p.m.
                 mb you could also use LUA for monster behavior? *NM*Nicholai 1/7/07 7:10 a.m.
                       Re: mb you could also use LUA for monster behaviorMcNutcase 1/7/07 7:37 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.