/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"
Posted By: Zero ProphetDate: 1/5/07 2:14 p.m.

In Response To: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"... (Mykas)

: And I was wondering, is there anything I should be aware of, beforehand? I
: heard that there are secret endings, repeating levels, and more stuff like
: that, but I wanna be sure...

(First, I assume you have played the first two games, right? If not, the storyline will not make sense).

Yes, Marathon Infinity is the strangest and most confusing (yet the most awesome) of the three games. You find yourself "starting over" multiple times, playing in different timelines split up by "dream" levels. Although it takes a while to fully grasp, after browsing a bit through the story pages I've made near-perfect sense of it now. Just pay very close attention to Durandal's message on the first level, "Ne Cede Malis". It may seem like nothing at first, but after beating the game and reviewing a few things, it seems to click.

Gameplay wise, the levels are presented in an odd fashion. Pay close attention to the "Electric Sheep" levels, which are the points where you branch off into another timeline altogether. Just be careful not to take the same exit on Sheep Two and Three, as you will find yourself jumping back. There are a few secret exits as well, each one in the levels following the Sheeps. They're tough to find though, and each one is basically an "alternate ending", a modification for the last level. Check the story pages for more info in case you miss a few or need to know what exactly was going on.

Hehe, I hope I didn't say too much here. It's a great game, and if you miss the secret levels it's all right anyway. Let's just hope at least some of this makes sense at all. Have fun, most of all.

-Zero Prophet

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"...Mykas 1/5/07 1:38 p.m.
     Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"Zero Prophet 1/5/07 2:14 p.m.
           Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"Forrest of B.org 1/5/07 6:23 p.m.
           Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"Mykas 1/5/07 11:01 p.m.
                 Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"McNutcase 1/5/07 11:12 p.m.
                       Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"Mykas 1/6/07 6:19 a.m.
                             Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"SnowCrash 1/6/07 9:02 a.m.
                             don't give up!Nicholai 1/6/07 11:02 a.m.
                             Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"TheAnyKey 1/7/07 3:20 p.m.
                             Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"rampancy 1/9/07 10:45 p.m.
                                   Re: I'm going to start playing "Marathon Infinity"John Denton 1/11/07 5:54 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.