/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have c
Posted By: treellamaDate: 12/1/06 8:44 a.m.

In Response To: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have cause (Nicholai)

Pretty sure it's one of Apple's programs changing it to something weird. I doubt they'll bother to fix it, they're too busy with ipods and PC-bashing commercials, so this means we need to work around it.

There are three possible solutions:

1) figure out how to set it back to 44100 ourselves--I don't like this because it's just making the problem worse of apps switching the output rate
2) Continue to start up without sound when the output rate is unacceptable, maybe displaying a dialog box with instructions on fixing the output rate
3) Just use whatever output rate is selected; but this could lead to bad sound quality since our SRC is very low quality going from 44100 to 32000 (although 22050 would be ok)

None of the above fixes are going in for this release

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

my ao gives me a 2004 error, I can't fix itNicholai 11/30/06 4:41 p.m.
     What version? *NM*Frungi 11/30/06 5:33 p.m.
     Re: my ao gives me a 2004 error, I can't fix itD-M.A. 11/30/06 8:15 p.m.
     Re: my ao gives me a 2004 error, I can't fix ittreellama 12/1/06 2:44 a.m.
           Thank you all guys, any idea what could have causeNicholai 12/1/06 7:02 a.m.
                 Re: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have ctreellama 12/1/06 8:44 a.m.
                       Re: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have cForrest of B.org 12/1/06 1:18 p.m.
                             Re: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have cthermoplyae 12/1/06 3:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have ctreellama 12/1/06 5:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have cthermoplyae 12/1/06 11:00 p.m.
                                               Re: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have ctreellama 12/2/06 4:53 a.m.
                                                     Re: Thank you all guys, any idea what could have cthermoplyae 12/2/06 3:55 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.