/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon X on Iceland
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 11/10/06 12:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon X on Iceland (D-M.A.)

: Ah, they kinda did that with Infinity. I don't think that'll be the case
: though, Göran has made most of the Ch2 maps... I think, and they look
: great. Andreas has improved lots since he started.

Yeah, most of the stuff in chapters 2 & 3 is still pretty damn good, and I didn't mean to slight Goran or Andreas at all. I think a lot of the difference is that I was all majorly running through Ch1 nitpicking at every little thing that bothered me, playing slowly, taking in the scenery, and fixing anything that bugged me in the slightest - so Chapter 1 is pretty damn near perfect in my eyes.

I started doing that with Alpha 2 too, but it came out right as I started school again, so for it and Alpha 3 I've basically just run through to make sure everything works and nothing's broken, and then fixed any bugs people have sent to me. So when I look at them I see all the little sorts of things I saw about Chapter 1 - minor texture misalignments, monsters not behaving ideally, certain textures not working well where they're used or just certain textures not looking good in general - and I just sign and say "meh" and wish that things would magically be better cause I don't have the time to fix them.

: And many of the later
: maps are mine too.

About a quarter of them.

: And hopefully we'll get lots more done before July...
: when I find the time :P Time sucks!

Yep. But I've got a month-long winter vacation coming up in December, so I'll maybe have time to go through and nitpick chapters 2-4 to death (presuming Ch4 is done by the end of the year, which I hope it will be).

And Rueben has agreed to come back and work on my generic I-hate-Anvil list of bugs I really don't want to even try to fix myself. He's already manage to make the lookers explode like they're supposed to. If we go ahead with the Chapter 5 alternations - which I'm strongly leaning toward (any input?) - I might have him import those PiD monsters he was wanting so badly to do before. Then we'll have nothing but maps to work on, for smooth sailing through Chapter 5. Huzzah!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon X on IcelandJohannes Gunnar 11/7/06 1:15 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon X on IcelandDocument 11/7/06 2:28 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon X on IcelandRyokoTK 11/8/06 8:58 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon X on Icelandtreellama 11/8/06 10:21 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon X on IcelandDocument 11/8/06 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon X on IcelandC Lund 11/8/06 10:50 a.m.
                       Letter to the editor, anyone? *NM*Aaron Sikes 11/8/06 11:42 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon X on Icelandtreellama 11/8/06 11:44 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon X on IcelandC Lund 11/8/06 11:14 p.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon X on Icelandtreellama 11/9/06 2:54 a.m.
                                         Re: Rubicon X on IcelandDocument 11/9/06 5:04 a.m.
                                               Re: Rubicon X on Icelandtreellama 11/9/06 5:21 a.m.
                                         Re: Rubicon X on IcelandC Lund 11/9/06 5:40 a.m.
                                               Re: Rubicon X on Icelandtreellama 11/9/06 6:34 a.m.
                                                     Re: Rubicon X on IcelandC Lund 11/9/06 10:03 a.m.
                                                           Re: Rubicon X on Icelandtreellama 11/9/06 11:59 a.m.
                       ...weird *NM*Johannes Gunnar 11/8/06 11:46 a.m.
                       They didn't ask about Eternal eitherForrest of B.org 11/8/06 2:27 p.m.
                             Re: They didn't ask about Eternal eitherC Lund 11/8/06 11:14 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon X on IcelandD-M.A. 11/9/06 4:30 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon X on IcelandSnowCrash 11/9/06 5:55 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon X on IcelandD-M.A. 11/9/06 6:43 a.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon X on IcelandSnowCrash 11/9/06 7:45 a.m.
                                         Re: Rubicon X on IcelandD-M.A. 11/9/06 8:37 a.m.
                                               Re: Rubicon X on IcelandJohannes Gunnar 11/9/06 9:37 a.m.
                                                     Re: Rubicon X on IcelandD-M.A. 11/9/06 10:55 a.m.
                                                           Re: Rubicon X on IcelandD-M.A. 11/9/06 10:56 a.m.
                                               Re: Rubicon X on IcelandForrest of B.org 11/9/06 1:12 p.m.
                                                     I remember that... *NM* *LINK*MrHen 11/9/06 2:29 p.m.
                                                           At least it says "unofficial" *NM*Document 11/10/06 9:27 a.m.
                                                     Re: Rubicon X on IcelandD-M.A. 11/10/06 12:01 a.m.
                                                           Re: Rubicon X on IcelandForrest of B.org 11/10/06 7:09 a.m.
                                                                 I could not find a scan of the cover *NM*MrHen 11/10/06 8:45 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Rubicon X on IcelandD-M.A. 11/10/06 9:27 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Rubicon X on IcelandForrest of B.org 11/10/06 9:48 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Rubicon X on IcelandD-M.A. 11/10/06 10:10 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Rubicon X on IcelandForrest of B.org 11/10/06 12:27 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.