/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Men in black in Marathon?
Posted By: GrimesDate: 2/8/06 3:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Men in black in Marathon? (eX brutaLis)

: As a side note, is there any reason to even have a level like Where are
: Monsters in Dreams even in the game? I don't see how it fits in the
: storyline.

Personally I think it was very necessary. I think that the "Seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses float inconspicuously around the inside of hangar ninety six." terminal serves as a transition between Despair and Rage, the two chapters being metaphorical representations of the first two stages of Rampancy.

"I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?"

It's just one of many theories, of course. But I think Infinity is partly the security officer's own personal, metaphorical trip through Rampancy. If I'm correct, that could mean Where are Monsters in Dreams is a psychological transition between two emotions.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Men in black in Marathon?Bob-B-Q 2/6/06 6:40 a.m.
     Re: Men in black in Marathon?thermoplyae 2/6/06 8:27 a.m.
           Re: Men in black in Marathon?Andrew Nagy 2/6/06 8:29 a.m.
                 lol, no, the dreams *NM*thermoplyae 2/6/06 9:35 a.m.
     Re: Men in black in Marathon?Ender 2/6/06 2:46 p.m.
           How true... *NM*Bob-B-Q 2/6/06 8:24 p.m.
     There was another thread on this..."Can-ned Food" 2/7/06 3:11 p.m.
           Re: There was another thread on this...Bob-B-Q 2/7/06 5:13 p.m.
                 Re: There was another thread on this...Forrest of B.org 2/9/06 2:01 p.m.
                       Re: There was another thread on this...kyjel 2/9/06 2:45 p.m.
                             Re: There was another thread on this...Blake37 2/9/06 3:17 p.m.
                                   HAMISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NM*ukimalefu 2/9/06 5:34 p.m.
                                   Re: There was another thread on this...thermoplyae 2/9/06 7:33 p.m.
                                         Re: There was another thread on this...Blake37 2/10/06 1:12 a.m.
                                   Put the complaints in my hat, so say IBlayne 2/14/06 3:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Put the complaints in my hat, so say IBlake37 2/14/06 3:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Put the complaints in my hat, so say Ikyjel 2/14/06 4:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Put the complaints in my hat, so say IRyokoTK 2/14/06 5:02 p.m.
           Re: There was another thread on this...Andrew Nagy 2/8/06 1:11 p.m.
                 Aww...Bob-B-Q 2/8/06 5:58 p.m.
     Re: Men in black in Marathon?eX brutaLis 2/7/06 3:44 p.m.
           Re: Men in black in Marathon?Grimes 2/8/06 3:56 p.m.
                 Re: Men in black in Marathon?eX brutaLis 2/11/06 4:32 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.