/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Trojan Volunteers - Command and Control
Posted By: MartiNZDate: 7/17/05 1:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Trojan Volunteers - Command and Control (Steve Levinson)

: Ah, yes, I should have mentioned that. The final switch reopens the blast
: doors that lead to the C&C center. You have to run to make it, but it does
: give you a chance to recharge your shields before you exit the level.

I worked that one out, after realising that one couldn't get further back in the level otherwise. But I didn't find the secret PB, and I can't picture the locked door right now - I'll have to go back and check. Anyway, feel free to take your time and heal that ankle ... I'm still on the next level - not feeling so inspired and having just discovered that Loony Labyrinth pinball was carbonized some time ago, and then having discovered that LittleWing has made more great pinball games since, I've been a little preoccupied gaming-wise ;).

Anyway, I did find this level quite mean with the apparent lack of a PB, and even the 1x recharger was hard to find the first few tries. I'm not so fond of this flick switch, find next, repeat gameplay style of these first few levels either ... I'll see how things progress.

It took me quite a while, and I also died once on that battle behind the blast doors, before deciding to run in and lure them back, then go out before the doors shut again. That worked quite well as I had recharger access. A little slow, but better than starting from scratch again!

I don't know how it is in AO, but on M1, the corridor to the blast doors had a bunch of black 'columns' in it blocking the way, and a panel saying 'Command and Control' on the wall, and I had to grenade the columns which then exploded, to get through. I don't know how they did this - my guess is that they were enemies rather than objects - but it was pretty cool after all the non-destructable blocking objects we're used to.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - Command and ControlSteve Levinson 7/17/05 7:34 a.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Command and ControlKyjel 7/17/05 9:29 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - Command and ControlSteve Levinson 7/17/05 9:45 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - Command and ControlMartiNZ 7/17/05 1:56 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.