/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Trojan Volunteers - Command and Control
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/17/05 7:34 a.m.

Sorry about the delay, but I sprained my ankle. I'll try to catch up with another post later today, as these first levels are fairly simple.

This level has a major secret that makes the difference between it being fairly easy and being very, very difficult. In the living quarters there is a locked door - or so it seems. It's actually on a 6 2/3 second delay, and it's set to open very slowly. If you stick around, you'll have access to a pattern buffer. If not, you won't find another pattern buffer until you reach the command and control center at the very end of the level. Ouch! I only discovered this secret because the delay doesn't work in AO and the door opens immediately. Before, when I played the M1 version, it used to take me hours or days to get through this level. I could generally make it to the end, but got killed in that last battle before I could reach the PB.

The objective of the level is fairly straight-forward - kill all the aliens and rescue the personnel in the C&C center. There are some of the usual tricks to go through - switch puzzels and the like, and a cool outdoor area near the beam-in point. There is an area outside that looks reachable with a grenade jump but, alas, there's nothing there of any interst. The terminals continue to develop the story nicely with instructions and a crew log to help us get into the feel of Trojan. I like the way this level unfolds, but that secret PB shouldn't be quite so secret.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - Command and ControlSteve Levinson 7/17/05 7:34 a.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Command and ControlKyjel 7/17/05 9:29 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - Command and ControlSteve Levinson 7/17/05 9:45 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - Command and ControlMartiNZ 7/17/05 1:56 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.