/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Amish don't know what they're missing...
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 7/13/05 8:47 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Amish don't know what they're missing... (Tyler)

: I wanted to make a viral-coloured Vidwindow style window from Reboot, and I
: just took an OS9 window and made it an ugly shade of blue. Now that I look
: back at it, I now realise that was a mistake. And the .exe was to indicate
: the program. I don't know my Java from my Coco

.exe is the file suffix for a DOS/Windows executable file. I guess since you used an OS9 window as the base, though, that it's OK. Fobot doesn't do Windows. (Speaking of Java and Cocoa... if you write a Cocoa-based OSX app using Java as the language, does that make your program a Mocha?).

Related to Macs and robots... if anybody here remembers MacHall, you should definitely check out another webcomic that derived from (one of) Ian's old style(s) and has similar Mac/gamer-related themes.... AppleGeeks! Current storyline featuring a Mac-based female robot gone wild during spring break at Cancun... erm, I mean, going on a rampage and blowing up large portions of downtown after an accident involving an Apple store, the release of OSX Tiger, and a naked man in a plastic bubble... who happens to have been her now-tricycle-mounted pseudo-superhero creator, Hawk, who is on his way downtown to stop her as we speak.

You know, it's almost funnier to write that than it is to read the comic, but then, I'm delirious tonight so maybe that's just me. Just go read the damn thing, it's funny and well-drawn.

: And that solder you see will be the Marine for November. A spoiler you see.
: draws near it does…

Hmm! You model it yourself, did you? Think you might have any spare time to do any other modelling sometime soonish? That's the one position I've still got unfilled on the Eternal X team. I need a 3D modeller. Maarten hath vanished...

P.S. - in case some people here aren't as up to date on my life and history as I presume everybody to be, "FOBOT" is not, as you might suspect, "Forrest Robot" or any such. At least, not directly. Aeons ago an old friend named William Wallace, who I called WW for short, took to calling me FOBO, for Forrest of B.org, and it stuck as the only pseudonym I've ever really kept. (Forrest is my real name, so I don't usually need a pseudonym). As such, not only do I use it as the diminutive version of "Forrest" both online and off, I've got a bajillion different variants of it that I use in different occasions... basically any name you see in the Bungie community involving the string "Fob" is very likely to be me. Hence this particular variant, FOBOT.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

FOBOT IS ONLINEForrest of B.org 7/12/05 5:02 p.m.
     Thus Said The FOBOT *NM*blake37 7/12/05 5:18 p.m.
     Spam :P *NM*Me_43 7/12/05 8:56 p.m.
     Fobot recharge cycle complete. Enter when readyTyler 7/13/05 11:16 a.m.
           That, my friend, is amazingly awesome *NM*blake37 7/13/05 11:55 a.m.
                 Agreed! *NM*Steve Levinson 7/13/05 12:04 p.m.
           awesomest! ;-) *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/13/05 12:52 p.m.
           Awesome! .... what's with the EXE? *NM*Me_43 7/13/05 3:16 p.m.
           I like it. *NM*Forrest of B.org 7/13/05 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: I like it.Forrest of B.org 7/13/05 5:09 p.m.
           The Amish don't know what they're missing... *NM*Yossarian 7/13/05 4:30 p.m.
                 Re: The Amish don't know what they're missing...Tyler 7/13/05 5:32 p.m.
                       Re: The Amish don't know what they're missing...Forrest of B.org 7/13/05 8:47 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.