/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

MPID: Important Question for Final Production
Posted By: Nick HoadDate: 4/26/05 1:58 p.m.

I am in a position to start work on the levels in MPID. All of the maps are made and the shapes file is coming along well. However, there is a question that i need answered before I can begin texturing and placing scenary in the maps.

Would the Marathon and Pathways community mind if I did not place scenary and textures exactly as they were in the original game?

All of the levels will have their correct texture sets but for me to get the EXACT texture in its EXACT place (example, having brown rocks on this corner of this room instead of green rocks) in every MPID level would be an extreme setback. Let me put it this way, if i could simply go through every level using the correct texture set and randomly place textures my life would be a lot easier and the project would be completed a lot faster. This includes scenary.

To get exact texture placement and scenary placement would require me to play through the original Pathways (which is kind of hard considering its age). I don't want to spare any effort for this project but I honestly think it is not worth having EXACT texture and scenary placement. If the forum people would not mind giving me their opinion it would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note I know that whoever upkeeps the pid site @ bungie.org reads this forum (whether its Hamish still or not). So, because his email doesn't work I have decided to post my request here. OPEN UP THE MULLER'S MISSION SECTION ON THE SITE IN THE FACTS & PUZZLING THINGS! Thank you.

Nick

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

MPID: Important Question for Final ProductionNick Hoad 4/26/05 1:58 p.m.
     Re: MPID: Important Question for Final ProductionBob-B-Q 4/26/05 3:14 p.m.
           Re: MPID: Important Question for Final Productionluke9 4/26/05 3:28 p.m.
                 Re: MPID: Important Question for Final ProductionJohannes Gunnar 4/26/05 3:42 p.m.
                       Re: MPID: Important Question for Final Productionukimalefu 4/26/05 6:27 p.m.
                             Re: MPID: Important Question for Final ProductionVid Boi 4/26/05 10:34 p.m.
           Re: MPID: Important Question for Final ProductionYossarian 4/26/05 4:53 p.m.
                 Re: MPID: Important Question for Final ProductionNick Hoad 4/27/05 1:16 a.m.
                       Re: MPID: Important Question for Final ProductionAndromeda_5[Kilo] 4/27/05 4:30 a.m.
                             Trust me, the original PiD can kill you... *NM*Bob-B-Q 4/27/05 5:44 a.m.
     Re: MPID: Important Question for Final Productionthermoplyae 4/28/05 3:24 p.m.
           Re: MPID: Important Question for Final ProductionNick Hoad 4/29/05 1:16 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.