/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Beware of Flammable Defense Drones
Posted By: Captain BobDate: 2/26/05 9:25 p.m.

This game is too darn addictive. I just played thorugh all of Marathon 1, specifically M1A1 with the awesome high res textures, starting yesterday afternoon, finishing tonight. I played on Normal and tried to play each level to its fullest. This meant some trips to the spoiler guide so that I could make sure I'd read every terminal. There's a lot of gaps in the story if you only study the non-secret stuff...
Anyway, as usual I'm now deep in thought, gaining a deeper understanding of the story, both as it exists by itself and where I might take with a scenario of my own. I noticed the mysterious AR on Ain't Got Time Pfhor This, the apparent lack of purpose for going to Eupfhoria, places where a single BoB stands still while his buddies run for their lives, and that I still can't grenade climb my way out of a paper bag.
But one thing is still unexplained, in fact not even mentioned here in this mother-of-all-English-papers that is the story site. In Beware of Low-Flying Defense Drones, the best weapon is the flamethrower. Why? Because while it doesn't damage the good MADDs, it does damage all of your enemies, INCLUDING the bad beserk MADDs. My first question is if this is specific to M1A1, another small oversight in what is usually a superb and faithful reconstruction of M1.
If it's not new, then I see no reasonable explanation for this. Durandal could certainly have direct or indirect control over all of the MADDs. However this control would be software-based, not hardware based. The bad MADDs look identical to the good MADDs except for coloration. So if we can rule out a claim like 'green paint isn't fireproof and blue paint is' as ridiculous, there's nothing on a bad MADD to catch fire that wouldn't also catch fire on a good MADD. The bad MADDs have grenades, but if those are somehow susceptible to fire I would expect Juggernauts to also be vulnerable.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Beware of Flammable Defense DronesCaptain Bob 2/26/05 9:25 p.m.
     Re: Beware of Flammable Defense DronesOri 2/27/05 8:06 a.m.
     Re: Beware of Flammable Defense DronesLeela... 2/27/05 9:32 a.m.
           Re: Beware of Flammable Defense Dronesluke9 2/27/05 1:52 p.m.
                 Re: Beware of Flammable Defense DronesAndromeda_5[Kilo] 2/28/05 3:04 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.