/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
Posted By: JorgeDate: 2/17/05 9:22 a.m.

In Response To: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH (tcm)

: okay. breathe, breathe.

: *sigh*

: so.. hrm. i've got an os 8 emulator, anvil, and resedit. i've got the images
: file. i've got my new images in psd format on my pc. how do i do this?

Open up the Images file with ResEdit, in the PICT resource, you will see the main screen graphics which currently exist. What I like to do, is export or save these so that I have them as reference (I then add them to my photoshop master as an additional layer for reference). I then create appropriate versions (saved as PICT file) from my photoshop template... before I do that however, I jot down the coordinates which bound the different buttons on your new startup screen (that is needed for the mml file). You can do that with the rules and guides in photoshop, with your units set to pixels. Import your new startup screens into the Images file which is open in ResEdit and then save it with ResEdit. Create your mml defining your buttons and rectangles and then see if it all works. If you are doing this for an SDL version of Aleph, you will need to convert the Images file to be used with the SDL version... in essense turning the resource fork of the Images file into a data fork. You will need HFV Explorer for that. This is a one way process, so make sure you keep an original copy of the Images file on the emulator in case you need to go back and make changes. This long explanation was the "short" version, BTW, assuming a lot of knowledge on your part. If you don't have that knowledge, I wouldn't bother trying to do what you're trying to do then.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

main screentcm 2/17/05 7:34 a.m.
     Re: main screenForrest of B.org 2/17/05 7:43 a.m.
           GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHtcm 2/17/05 8:05 a.m.
                 Re: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHJorge 2/17/05 9:22 a.m.
                 Re: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHForrest of B.org 2/17/05 9:30 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.