/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread Not
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/16/05 5:25 a.m.

In Response To: Eternal volunteers: Dread Not (blake37)

Well, we failed here the first time through and this allowed Hathor to gain control of the Jjaro dreadnaught and use it to get her revenge - she became a Wr'kr and destroyed the universe as we know it. So how to set things right? The first time I played through on Mark IV of Eternal, the final terminal on Manipulated Dead alluded to not being fast enough. Naturally, I took this to mean that Dread Not was a timed level and that we failed because we couldn't set the self-destruct mechanism fast enough to prevent the ship falling into Hathor's hands. Fortunately, that terminal has been reworded and the player is not likely to repeat my mistake. Unfortunately, what must be done is no more clear than before.

The problem is that Hathor is already on board the dreadnaught - she followed us here and perhaps even used our matrix as the host for her program. Setting the self-destruct mechanism was useless because Hathor simply waited for us to leave and then shut it off. So there is something else we needed to do and it's pretty obvious. We need to destroy the ship's core so that Hathor cannot gain control of the ship. Once the self-destruct mechanism has been set, we will gain access to a new area and a room containing 4 circuts that can be destroyed. A terminal in the room mentions unusual neural net activity - hmm, I wonder what/who that could be? Destroy the circuits and Hathor will be destroyed along with the ship. The only trouble I have with this is that Hathor is clever. Why wouldn't she simply transfer her program back to your matrix once the ship's core has been destroyed? Although she would lose the chance to gain the ultimate in technology, she could still travel with you to the Pfhor ship you are about to clear out for the Drinnol and then see to it that the Drinnol don't survive. Forrest?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal volunteers: Dread Notblake37 2/10/05 11:29 a.m.
     Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotSteve Levinson 2/10/05 1:44 p.m.
           Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotForrest of B.org 2/10/05 5:54 p.m.
                 Oops - it's a recurring typo - and bad spelling *NM*Steve Levinson 2/10/05 6:43 p.m.
           Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotD-M.A. 2/11/05 1:27 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotDave 2/11/05 4:31 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotSteve Levinson 2/11/05 5:00 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotD-M.A. 2/13/05 11:29 p.m.
     Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotD-M.A. 2/11/05 1:26 a.m.
           Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread Notblake37 2/11/05 10:19 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotD-M.A. 2/13/05 11:25 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread Notblake37 2/14/05 1:34 a.m.
     Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotSteve Levinson 2/16/05 5:25 a.m.
           Re: Eternal volunteers: Dread NotForrest of B.org 2/16/05 3:31 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.