/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivat
Posted By: OriDate: 2/8/05 8:56 p.m.

In Response To: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivation? (Blayne)

Well I tried it out and didn't run into any problems. But I made up a little map that may help you out. I have two lights, one on the ceiling and one on the floor that switch states when the wires are broken(sorry about textures, had the wrong set loaded, just pretend the switches are wires) and the platform, I beleive, does what you want it to do. Also, I added another setup(look at in forge)where, to get lights to go both ways, they platform deactivates one while the other activates just off the switch. In the first example, the deactivating light is on the platform itself, but in the second its in an invisible platform adjacent to the platform you ride that hold the light that needs deactivation.
A lengthy and confusing answer befitting the question! If you need more help, or I'm off the mark here, I'd be glad to look at the map or discuss it further. Good Luck! I'm looking forward to release :)

Example Map

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivation?Blayne 2/8/05 6:41 p.m.
     Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatOri 2/8/05 8:56 p.m.
           Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatRyokoTK 2/9/05 3:32 a.m.
                 Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatSteve Levinson 2/9/05 4:42 a.m.
                       Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatRyokoTK 2/9/05 11:52 a.m.
           Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatBlayne 2/9/05 2:52 p.m.
                 Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatRyokoTK 2/9/05 4:57 p.m.
                       Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatBlayne 2/9/05 7:55 p.m.
                             Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatRyokoTK 2/10/05 4:45 a.m.
                                   Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatBlayne 2/14/05 5:43 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.