/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivation?
Posted By: BlayneDate: 2/8/05 6:41 p.m.

Here's a perplexing issue that's holding up part of WMaiD:

At the end of a level, (through various circumstances) a hatch opens, and inside is made accessable.

Now, inside there are two things of interest.
One is a Tag switch (destroyable, so it can only be turned off once).
It is set to "Initially Active". By turning it OFF (punching it) it triggers Tag#1

Tag #1 deactivates MANY lights in the level, and causes others to appear flickering. Very cool effect.

However: I need that once that switch is DEactivated, for (somehow!) a platform to be activated (to rise from Floor to celing).

It seems impossible! I once managed to rig a platform that decended on Tag#1... but that was the reverse of what I needed.

Later, I tried to recreate this (with a dummy platform that would be activated via the "Activates adjacent" checkbox). It didn't work.

Any ideas on how this can be solved?
In case I've totally lost everyone with my arcane explanation:

I need to (somehow) have a platform RISE (i.e:activate) upon a switches DEactivation. As it stands now, I have to turn the tag switch off (hit it once) Then toggle it on, AGAIN to get any effect.

This off-on-off stopgap solution work when drafting things in Forge, but makes NO sense in gameplay.

Thanks in advance!

-Blayne

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivation?Blayne 2/8/05 6:41 p.m.
     Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatOri 2/8/05 8:56 p.m.
           Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatRyokoTK 2/9/05 3:32 a.m.
                 Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatSteve Levinson 2/9/05 4:42 a.m.
                       Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatRyokoTK 2/9/05 11:52 a.m.
           Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatBlayne 2/9/05 2:52 p.m.
                 Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatRyokoTK 2/9/05 4:57 p.m.
                       Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatBlayne 2/9/05 7:55 p.m.
                             Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatRyokoTK 2/10/05 4:45 a.m.
                                   Re: How2 activate a platform on switches DEactivatBlayne 2/14/05 5:43 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.