/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Best Map Ever, Presented by Me
Posted By: TwelveMotionDate: 2/1/05 4:26 a.m.

I have an idea for a totally cool map I want to throw out to you guys. Since I have 0 talent as a map maker I want to pitch this idea to you guys like a movie screenplay. Maybe while board you can incorporate it into one of your campaigns, or even just make it a stand alone map. But if you do that YOU MUST TELL ME so that I can take pleasure in playing in this map I have been fantasizing about.

It was inspired by the M2 level Bob's Big Date with the quickly changing water level. Here is the premise. You in a Pfhor robotics factory. It's a level that is very heavy on combat.

The focal point of this level is one very long hexagonal cylinder thats big enough to comfortably fit into. I would say it's diameter be something like 8000. Inside this large hex cylinder is a smaller hex cylinder with a 2000 radius diameter. I am not sure how a map maker works, but I think this is possible: the large cylinder has phfor slime in it whose water level shoots from 1024 to something around 10,000. The middle cylinder is a platform that is like a pump. It goes from the ceiling, through the water all the way to the floor. It's easy if you visuallize it, it's come kind of odd way of getting power. This pump blasts into the water and displaces all this slime which makes it go up. The two actions happen at the same time, but opposite, one goes down (platform/pump) one goes up (phfor slim level).

The rest of the level is based on this power generator. You start at the highest point possible and you have to read a terminal to learn your missions and hit a switch that opens an airlock. Now I have seen this in other third party maps when I was into marathon many years ago, you can make a water "wall" and when you walk through this vertical water wall you end up under water right? So this airlock is made by making a double door, once you open the first door you step into a room full of water, after the door closes, the next door can open (now totally underwater, or under slime) and you then enter the cylinder. Before this airlock is a 3x life, so you can survive in the slime.

All the way down this cylinder are other airlocks that work the same way with a 3x power supple on the "good side" of each, so you can always stay reasonable healthy even though you are swimming through phfor slime. In my mind I have 4 total airlocks. One where you start, and hit a switch which unlocks the airlocks and give you your mission (destroy circuits). The second lower down which is the assimilated bob/ Cyborg factory. The third is a hunter/giant hunter factory. The fourth is a juugernought factory. In each section I in vision some kind of pipe system that leads to a series of larger room with circuits that must be destroyed, into one very large "show room" where you fight many bad guys. Then once all the circuits are destroyed you go back to the original term, back up the slime, and out of the level. I think there should be some doors that are locked in each of the "factory" sectors just for logics sake. I mean phfor engineers wouldn't need to go through the slime pump to get anywhere after all...

What do you think? Is it possible?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Best Map Ever, Presented by MeTwelveMotion 2/1/05 4:26 a.m.
     Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by MeRyokoTK 2/1/05 12:09 p.m.
           Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by MeRyokoTK 2/1/05 12:25 p.m.
                 Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by Meukimalefu 2/1/05 2:54 p.m.
                       Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by Meblake37 2/1/05 2:56 p.m.
                             Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by MeAd Astra 2/3/05 2:38 a.m.
                                   Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by MeTwelveMotion 2/3/05 5:10 a.m.
                                         Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by Meellio7t 2/3/05 3:43 p.m.
           Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by MeTwelveMotion 2/1/05 1:54 p.m.
                 Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by Memarathoner 2/2/05 4:29 a.m.
                       Re: Best Map Ever, Presented by MeTwelveMotion 2/2/05 6:58 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.