/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?
Posted By: rampancyDate: 1/30/05 6:13 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link? (Jorge)

If you poke around the forums, you'll see the Volunteers series for RED, which, among other things, fixed some pretty substantial errors in levels like "G3 Sunbathing...at 300 MHz", and "To The Liver!". RED 1.1 was supposed to be an informal beta version of the fixes for these bugs. I *think* the controversial alt-fire mode on the Fusion Mace for the player's Reaver mode was adjusted too. It should be compatible with the existing OS 9 and OS X based versions of RED -- it's just a new map file. I don't know about the SDL versions. Do they use the same file format?

Oh, and Steve, I tried downloading the 1.1b1 file from Mark Levins' site on .Mac, and it seemed to work. I guess the earlier problems I had were .Mac related.

And after much hand wringing and MML-related troubleshooting, RED under AO still won't work on my system (10.3.7). The only reasonable explanation I have is that it's a Panther related problem, since RED AO works fine on my iBook running 10.2.8.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?rampancy 11/27/04 9:46 a.m.
     Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?Steve Levinson 11/27/04 10:03 a.m.
           Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?rampancy 11/27/04 4:33 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?Steve Levinson 11/27/04 10:53 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?Andrew Nagy 1/29/05 12:48 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?Steve Levinson 1/29/05 1:50 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?Jorge 1/30/05 4:38 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?rampancy 1/30/05 6:13 a.m.
                                               Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?Steve Levinson 1/30/05 1:14 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?rampancy 1/30/05 3:58 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon RED 1.1 - Download link?Steve Levinson 1/30/05 6:43 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.