/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Escape will make me God!
Posted By: TwelveMotionDate: 1/27/05 1:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Escape will make me God! (Blayne)

"but isn't there something that demands that between all parallel universes' time is constant?"

No there isn't any law like that, but that is a pretty good questions. There are a few possibilities that I can bring up. One is that the big bang did not occur at the same time in every universe. Maybe in a different universe the big bang didn't happen until around 10 billion years later then ours, making that universe still liveable. However it is a strong possibility that one single big bang created all the other universes as well, meaning they are all the same age. In that case it's possible that events there tooks place in a different way, and the expansion of those universes where different meaning some other universes may have experiences an expansion, a slow down, a contraction, a "big crunch" and then another big bang all before ours got to where it is. Making it still teaming with life. I mean if that is how a yo-yo universe would work...

Yet another yes rather far fetched idea is that another universe may have a whole different set of physics then ours. Gravity might repel instead of attract. But it's rather unlikely our bodies would make the switch to something of that nature. But it is an excellent question to bring up.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Escape will make me God!Anaphiel 1/20/05 2:32 p.m.
     I better change my name back to Durandal, then :) *NM*Tyler 1/20/05 5:31 p.m.
           Wait... *back* to Durandal? Huh? *NM*K-chi 1/20/05 6:17 p.m.
     Big Michio Kaku fan here! ---> *NM*Reiginko 1/21/05 5:42 a.m.
     Re: Escape will make me God!Blayne 1/21/05 7:31 a.m.
           Re: Escape will make me God!Reiginko 1/21/05 8:26 p.m.
           Re: Escape will make me God!thermoplyae 1/22/05 4:50 p.m.
           Re: Escape will make me God!TwelveMotion 1/27/05 1:12 a.m.
                 Re: Escape will make me God!Enkidu 1/27/05 6:43 a.m.
                       Re: Escape will make me God!Chanly Smann 2/1/05 3:01 p.m.
                             Re: Escape will make me God!Document 2/2/05 7:14 a.m.
                                   Re: Escape will make me God!Chanly Smann 2/2/05 9:14 a.m.
                                         Re: Escape will make me God!Enkidu 2/2/05 9:29 a.m.
                                         Re: Escape will make me God!Forrest of B.org 2/2/05 10:33 a.m.
                                         Free your mind?Blayne 2/3/05 8:24 a.m.
                                               Re: Free your mind?Enkidu 2/3/05 8:46 a.m.
                                                     Re: Free your mind?Chanly Smann 2/3/05 12:04 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.