/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The 11th Hour - good job so far
Posted By: blake37Date: 9/3/04 7:00 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The 11th Hour - good job so far (Steve Levinson)

: There probably is a way but it wouldn't be pretty, and it would be a Marathon
: first. You can't change the speed of a platform, but the change in the
: firing rate of the monsters is a given, so you would have to somehow take
: advantage of that factor - a trooper firing grenades at a switch that
: momentarily stops a platform, for example. Frankly, it would be too much
: of a kludge and prone to problems.

my (extermly half baked crazy) idea (made with know knakadge of mapmaking) has to do with something i'm prett sure i read somewhare (now is a good time to go to bathroom so you don't wet your pants reading how stupid this may be) im pretty sure i saw a thingie that could tell what difficulty a player was playing on, and use that to send them to different maps based onn that information. so, if this thing really does exist, it could send players on TC to a version of G3 with the seven minet time, and every one eles to a three or five or whatever.

With Moontanning, however, you are
: only told to hurry - how many times have we heard that before in a
: Marathon scenario? Yeah, right, like it'll make a difference?

thats true

Well, this
: time it does, but the player isn't likely to realize it until their second
: time through. Of course we know :)

very true. i guess that the big problem with the beta release style, once the finel comes out, few people are surprised by anything because they've been playing every beta to come out

: And maybe it is time to move up to Major Damage - there comes a time for
: every player when playing on Normal becomes too easy. The jump to MD may
: seem scary at first, but eventually you'll wonder what you got out of
: playing on Normal. Your mind eventually compensates and your timing
: improves. Then it's time to move up to TC. TC is a totally different game.
: Some things are easier - monsters are prone to killing each other and you
: can carry as much ammo as you can find (no limits) - but you have to be
: incredibly fast on your feet and the monsters are incredibly aggressive.
: As for me, I can't play it any other way now - my Marathon neurons are
: hard-wired.

your talking to the guy that yesterday at the pool droped his shoe, and while trying to grab it out of the air, manadge to flip his chair over on top of him, completly by accadent. thats a true story too, no exageration at all. so ya, the switch to MD is a little scary. and its worse on windows, because anytime something happens, you get an e-mail, another program starts working etc. marathon gets put in the background, whare the monsters are still active, but you can't do anything. pluse i get really mad very easly. so i'm thinking i should keep up normal for a little longer anyway :)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The 11th HourForrest of B.org 8/31/04 9:00 p.m.
     Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/1/04 9:47 a.m.
           Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farblake37 9/1/04 3:29 p.m.
                 Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/1/04 3:38 p.m.
                       Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farblake37 9/1/04 4:11 p.m.
                             just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awhile *NM*blake37 9/1/04 4:14 p.m.
                                   Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awhblake37 9/1/04 4:55 p.m.
                                         Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awhblake37 9/1/04 4:58 p.m.
                                               Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awhblake37 9/2/04 3:18 a.m.
                                                     Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awhblake37 9/2/04 3:57 a.m.
                                         Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awha disreputable source 9/1/04 5:03 p.m.
                                               Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awhblake37 9/2/04 5:01 a.m.
                                                     Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awhblake37 9/2/04 5:14 a.m.
                                                           Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awha disreputable source 9/2/04 9:29 a.m.
                                                                 Re: just started the mac 512 download, it'l be awhblake37 9/2/04 9:34 a.m.
           Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/1/04 3:51 p.m.
                 Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/1/04 5:17 p.m.
                       Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/1/04 6:55 p.m.
                             Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 3:39 a.m.
                                   Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/2/04 6:25 a.m.
                                         Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 6:44 p.m.
                                               Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/2/04 7:26 p.m.
                                                     Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 7:57 p.m.
                                                           Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/2/04 8:45 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 9:35 p.m.
           Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farD-M.A. 9/1/04 7:06 p.m.
           Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farDr. John Sumner 9/2/04 3:51 a.m.
                 Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 5:18 a.m.
                       Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farDr. John Sumner 9/2/04 8:03 a.m.
                             Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/2/04 9:26 a.m.
                                   Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farDr. John Sumner 9/2/04 11:16 a.m.
                       Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farDr. John Sumner 9/2/04 11:43 a.m.
                             Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 1:31 p.m.
                                   Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farDr. John Sumner 9/2/04 2:09 p.m.
                                         Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/2/04 2:44 p.m.
                                         Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 6:17 p.m.
                                               Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/2/04 6:31 p.m.
                                                     Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 7:14 p.m.
                                                           Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/2/04 7:42 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/2/04 7:54 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farblake37 9/3/04 3:48 a.m.
                                                                             Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farSteve Levinson 9/3/04 6:03 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farblake37 9/3/04 7:00 a.m.
                 Re: The 11th Hour - good job so farForrest of B.org 9/2/04 6:29 a.m.
     Level 6 NightmareSteve Levinson 9/3/04 8:02 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.