/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial Egos
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 8/25/04 4:07 p.m.

In Response To: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial Egos (Steve Levinson)

: Although I enjoyed this
: level very much the prior 2 times I played it, I really liked it this
: time around. This is one of those levels that is a joy to vid, on a par
: with Eat it, Vid Boi. There really is no need for weapons at all, although
: the supply is generous. If anything, this level is more enjoyable by
: vidding since you don't have to keep repeating the last part of Package
: and all of Landing until you get it right. Adding a PB at the start should
: do the trick.

Yes, I am very close to believing this is my favorite level, to play or vid. It's kinda ironic Steve. A few days ago, I was bored and decided to vid one of the PF levels just to pass the time. I chose this one. There are many things I like about this level. For me, it has that wide-open feel. The views are spectacular. Although I don't use any, there is plenty of ammo and a couple of weapons. There is a 2x recharger. There are plenty of enemies, but not unfairly numbered or placed. It's just a fun level to play.

: Behind it is a switch.
: Fire on the switch and a switch immediately to your left will become
: visible.

In case anyone has trouble shooting that switch because of the rising/falling circular platform, it's also possible to leap over to the ledge surrounding that platform. You can creep around the platform along the edge and tab the switch.

: They will be
: incessantly spitting at you, but they won't come inside and they're
: incredibly difficult to take out.

Yes, Matt I see that you have "monster impassable" polys as the window ledges in order to keep the wasps from coming in. However, I think that ends up being a mistake since they for some reason become inactive once you return back to this room. Is it possible that if you remove the "monster impassable" polys, they might come inside and thereby remain active? I'd like to see you do that, or whatever it takes to get them to come inside the room. As a counterbalance, perhaps you could reduce the number of them. This lethargic behavior of the wasps is the only thing about the level that was disappointing.

: but
: there is a bug - at least there was for me, that obviates the need to do
: so, but at the expense of an important story element.
: What you're supposed to do is read the terminal here, where Shaki tells you
: to go back and release Mece's prisoners. ..... Unfortunately, the
: only time you'll be able to read Shaki's instructions is the first time
: you visit this room, thanks to the bug. ...... You can leave the room via a
: teleporter in the center. Thanks to the bug, you apparently don't need to
: follow Shaki's instructions at all. Just return to the final room as
: before and the wasps will now be dormant and you'll be able to read the
: exit terminal message.

Steve, I just got through playing this level on Kindergarten (to finish as quickly as possible) and did not encounter the bug you mentioned. The first time I came into the final room, I got Shaki's message to return and reopen the door. I left the room, immediately came back just as you described, but got the same message again. I then went and reopened the door, returned to the final room once again, and then got the proper exit message. So I am not sure what went on the time you were playing it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial EgosSteve Levinson 8/25/04 3:17 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial EgosDr. John Sumner 8/25/04 4:07 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial EgosSteve Levinson 8/25/04 4:13 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial EgosDr. John Sumner 8/25/04 4:31 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial Egosmattschenk 8/25/04 4:59 p.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial EgosSteve Levinson 8/25/04 6:13 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial EgosSteve Levinson 8/25/04 6:12 p.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers - War of the Artificial Egosmattschenk 8/25/04 6:25 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.