/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá V
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 8/20/04 7:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá V (Dr. John Sumner)

: This is partly what I don't like about this level. Not enough action.
: Frankly, I'd put some monsters in this section to make it harder to
: complete the mission. To counterbalance things, make the return teleporter
: accessible. That teleporter is supposed to return the player to the small
: room where the level began. (Matt - the inaccessibility of that return
: teleporter WAS planned right?)

I agree completely with John here. Although there are cases where a monsterless level can be really cool - eg. the secret final level in TI - these are generally exploration levels with a lot of things to do to keep the player busy without having to battle monsters. This part of the level is just an act in frustration, thanks to the switch puzzle, with nothing else really to do. I say, monsters, bring 'em on!

: Ignore the switch on the right. That switch, as well as the hidden switch,
: BOTH raise/lower the blocking partition. The partition once opened will
: stay open.

Ah, that explains it. I had such a tough time opening that door and I always assumed it was a matter of timing. I ended up with what I thought was a workable strategy. Thanks, John. Matt, a lot of people seemed to have trouble with this. How about removing the hidden switch?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá VuSteve Levinson 8/19/04 7:16 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá VDr. John Sumner 8/20/04 3:29 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá VSteve Levinson 8/20/04 7:27 a.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá VDr. John Sumner 8/20/04 8:14 a.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá VDr. John Sumner 8/20/04 8:20 a.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá VSteve Levinson 8/20/04 8:37 a.m.
                                   Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths....mattschenk 8/21/04 7:26 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman Baths of Conflict/Dèjá VDr. John Sumner 8/27/04 11:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.