/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal review *sploilers*
Posted By: blake37Date: 8/3/04 5:39 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal Hype vs Rubicons (Adam Ashwell)

: It seems like no one has played level 8 yet (my baby). Well, when anyone gets
: to that one (first level of t he success timeline), tell me what you
: think. I've never gotten public feedback on any of my maps before.

ok, Eternal report from me, who have finely played through the whole fist chapter.

level one: loved level one, it felt just like one of the really confusing M1 levels, i couldent figure out what to do for the longest time. i really liked the long paralell hallways, every time i went through them i expected to see the big platform room for colonly ship for sale. thare was a little bug with some of the fighters whare they would get stuck in a little cornor. it was by that tall door that doesn't open in one of the big hallways.

level two: this one kinda reminded me of that evil level, i can't remember the name, but the one whare you had to go through the little passage way with a really fast current and flip those four switchs. it was the big rooms on the sides that reminded me of that. i got the bug that was mention before about the secerate room as well. the ending was neat "wait, what now??" only thing i didn't really like is the seage texture, i looks just like the floor to me, this can be comical to watch, but it is kinda bland.

level three: got the good ole' WTF?? begining, first time i played it, i just froze at the sight of the juggie and all his little minions. then i was shot repeatedly and killed and had to do again. i liked the graud hallway thing or whatever, made it pretty tough for me. little bug, in the areas whare you have the multi colored bars like the juggie cages, you see the bars, but inbetween them you only see white.

level four: i liked the hunter ambush, keeps ya from getting yer bearings back.
intersting to see the other side of tycho, what happebed that he wanted to kill humanity and took pyschotic pleasure from every death on the marathon and colony? anyway, very well done map. some of the hunters looked like they were hanging from the celling befor they were activated. liked the level, and i couldent find the teleport out place for the longest time, it was kinda funny, me cursing at my computer. so i failed the first time i went through, so on to

level five: neat little trap at the begining, it took me awhile to find the switch behind the piller. this is a nice big map, with a lot of different areas to explor, and i mostly liked, except for all the random polygon triggers. that started to piss me off towards the end. but i liked durandales terminal, his good ole wit.

Level six: my favorit of chapter one, it's awesome, i love everything about it everything, give the guy that made it a ice cream sandwich or sumin.

Level seven: very weird, i was almost sick by the end because of the fish eye thing. is the dream speaker dude durandale? it sounds like him to me

level eight: adam, that is the hardest ambush ever, not because of the montsers or the small space, but because of the absance of rechagers, and then thares another one!!! gahHh!! ok, very cool adam, i really liked it, not the ambush of curlty and badness and whatever, but everything eles was very cool.

level nine: like level five on a much smaeller scale. pretty stright forward, pretty nifty agin, what happened to make tycho hate humanity? he's so loyal, if he had arms, he would give us a hug. anyway, liked the terminals the most, espesly the, hay!! i'm not dead!! one

level ten, or X: creepy man, whats with all the weapons? is it for the next chaper? again, i think the dream speaker is durandale

ok, thats what i have to say about each level. wonderful job you guys, can't wait for the next one!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Soon™ Is NowForrest of B.org 7/25/04 3:19 a.m.
     Yahooooooooooo! *NM*Bob-B-Q 7/25/04 5:45 a.m.
     Re: Soon™ Is NowAdam Ashwell 7/25/04 5:46 a.m.
           Re: Soon™ Is NowAdam Ashwell 7/25/04 5:47 a.m.
                 Re: Soon™ Is Nowblake37 7/25/04 6:30 a.m.
                       Re: Soon™ Is Nowukimalefu 7/25/04 8:54 a.m.
                             Re: Soon™ Is NowForrest of B.org 7/25/04 9:50 a.m.
                                   Eternal is on the News!ukimalefu 7/26/04 1:40 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal is on the News!Forrest of B.org 7/26/04 7:37 p.m.
                                               Eternal Hype vs RubiconsErnie 7/30/04 8:32 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsForrest of B.org 7/30/04 11:44 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsYossarian 7/30/04 12:24 p.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsForrest of B.org 7/30/04 12:54 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsAnonymous Coward 01 8/1/04 2:35 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsForrest of B.org 8/1/04 3:39 p.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsAnonymous Coward 01 8/1/04 2:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsForrest of B.org 8/1/04 3:40 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsBlayne 8/1/04 4:57 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsForrest of B.org 8/1/04 8:09 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsSteve Levinson 8/1/04 7:36 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsMr. Cactus 8/1/04 9:57 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsForrest of B.org 8/2/04 9:46 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsMr. Cactus 8/2/04 4:59 p.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsOri 8/2/04 9:00 p.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal Hype vs RubiconsAdam Ashwell 8/3/04 2:48 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal review *sploilers*blake37 8/3/04 5:39 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Adam Ashwell 8/3/04 6:38 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Eternal review *sploilers*blake37 8/3/04 6:47 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Adam Ashwell 8/3/04 6:53 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Eternal review *sploilers*blake37 8/3/04 6:57 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Mr. Cactus 8/3/04 8:38 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Forrest of B.org 8/3/04 8:55 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Adam Ashwell 8/3/04 8:56 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Forrest of B.org 8/3/04 11:51 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Forrest of B.org 8/3/04 8:51 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Eternal review *sploilers*blake37 8/3/04 8:58 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Adam Ashwell 8/3/04 9:02 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Eternal review *sploilers*blake37 8/3/04 9:03 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Eternal review *sploilers*Forrest of B.org 8/3/04 9:25 a.m.
                                                                                                     did she get to name it? :-) *NM*blake37 8/3/04 9:33 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: did she get to name it? :-)Forrest of B.org 8/3/04 9:43 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: did she get to name it? :-)blake37 8/3/04 11:03 a.m.
                                                                                                                       crap, it was supposed to be a giant smily face *NM*blake37 8/3/04 11:06 a.m.
                                                                                                                             But it isn't!!! *NM*Boomer 8/3/04 12:16 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.