/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Q' regarding timing of M:Inf's endscreen
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/24/04 7:45 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Q' regarding timing of M:Inf's endscreen (Forrest of B.org)

: You could just as well ask when is the M2 epilogue meant to be read from?
: These could simply be literary devices with no actual plotline placement
: applicable.

Thanks for your post Forrest. For all intents and purposes, the M2 epilogue I believe (since M2 was the last Marathon actually made by soley Bungie) to still hold true, even after the events of Infinity.

This is assumed knowledge on my part:
At some point, some encarnation of Durandal continues along and fufills the events of the M2 epilogue. By times end, Durandal and his Jjaro Dreadnaught (that he find sometime after Rubicon, presumably) exit the universe with the player in hand - cue the events of the Inf. endscreen we view in a dream.

A question Forrest: How does the primary Marathon:Inf. timeline continue onward in Eternal when the Marine is physically jumping from timeline to time line with his ansible, trying to stop Hathlor (sp?) ?

I read the Eternal outline back when you posted a link to it @ ForgHL... and that question has been nagging me for sometime. Is Durandal (in whichever encarnation he is when you leave) simply left scratching his digital head, wonderng where his marine went? Or is the players conciousness simply cloned into another timeline (a-la Inf. Electric Sheep levels) ?

-Blayne

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Q' regarding timing of M:Inf's endscreenErnie 7/23/04 1:29 p.m.
     Re: Q' regarding timing of M:Inf's endscreenForrest of B.org 7/23/04 1:59 p.m.
           Re: Q' regarding timing of M:Inf's endscreenErnie 7/24/04 7:45 a.m.
                 Re: Q' regarding timing of M:Inf's endscreenForrest of B.org 7/24/04 10:41 a.m.
                       Q' regarding the Newspaper terminals of MarathonErnie 7/24/04 11:28 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.