/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the Streets
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 6/30/04 3:17 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the Streets (Steve Levinson)

Some minor errors to work out as you two have pointed out. All in all I really like the feel of this level as it is open, nonlinear and is the first outdoor view of the colony. Interestingly enough (or not) this was originally going to be the first level that the player had a choice of which level he or she would be going to after satisfying Shaki. The idea of a nonlinear scenario was scrapped as I decided I would not have time to make a scenario of the length I wanted unless I went the traditional route with the railroad story and level design.
I also used the fiery lava texture for the sky because I created this level before I created any of my custom textures. Later, I decided not to change it as the red sky played as a reminder of the colony's recent past and the atrocious death and capture of many thoudsands of humans.
-matt

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsSteve Levinson 6/27/04 7:35 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsDr. John Sumner 6/27/04 8:45 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsDr. John Sumner 6/27/04 8:55 a.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsDr. John Sumner 6/27/04 9:32 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsSteve Levinson 6/27/04 4:57 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the Streetsmattschenk 6/30/04 3:17 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsAndrew Nagy 7/13/04 12:15 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsSteve Levinson 7/13/04 1:01 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsAndrew Nagy 8/19/04 7:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.