/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the Streets
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 6/27/04 8:45 a.m.

In Response To: PF Volunteers - Roman' the Streets (Steve Levinson)

: At another the player will come to a well-guarded
: room containing the AR - an absolute necessity as we'll encounter our
: first troopers here. Not many on this level outside of an inaccessible
: room with a bunch of them, but that will change soon enough.

Several things about this level. Firstly the minor mystery. I wrote Matt about this, but I think he thought I was talking about the secret ammo that Steve mentions. As you enter the circular room containing the AR, look straight ahead and up on top of the raised ledge. There is a cache of 4 Magnum clips. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that ammo? I have checked in Pfhorte and there doesn't seem to be any way that I can see. If it's meant to be a tease, then so be it. However, Matt and Andrew, if it is not meant to be there, but was left from some previous version of the level, then I would remove it.

Secondly, we meet up with the Troopers on this level. As Steve mentions, there is only one that we have to fight, as the others are not accessible. This level gives the player a good chance to try and fight the Trooper with Fists. It's actually not that hard to take out a M1/PF Trooper with Fists if you remember one crucial thing. Always circle the Trooper CLOCKWISE while Fisting it. If you circle counter-clockwise, then the Trooper's AR will rip you to shreds. I suppose it has to do with the Physics of it's weapon. One thing I did notice, and I don't think I am imagining this, but it seems to me that it's easier to defeat a PF Trooper than an M1 Trooper with Fists. I seem to recall that even if I do circle an M1 Trooper clockwise, I inevitably take some damage from it. I don't seem to in PF....weird.

Thirdly, I really, really enjoyed this level. It gives the player an even better chance to practice using their Fists. I felt it was easier than the first two levels, but I absolutely love levels that are wide open. I suppose that's why M2 will always be my favorite scenario.

Lastly, the following sentence in one of the terminal text appears to be awkwardly worded: "I will use the data collected and try to sort figure out what has happened since my shut down." It sounds as though either "sort" or "figure" should be removed. Ordinarily, in a volunteer series I would not point out something as minor as this, but since we are trying to help Matt and Andrew make this a better scenario, I will continue to mention things like this.

Well, on to the next level where things get much harder (at least I thought so!).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsSteve Levinson 6/27/04 7:35 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsDr. John Sumner 6/27/04 8:45 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsDr. John Sumner 6/27/04 8:55 a.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsDr. John Sumner 6/27/04 9:32 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsSteve Levinson 6/27/04 4:57 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the Streetsmattschenk 6/30/04 3:17 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsAndrew Nagy 7/13/04 12:15 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsSteve Levinson 7/13/04 1:01 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Roman' the StreetsAndrew Nagy 8/19/04 7:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.