/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - On the Job
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 6/26/04 12:22 p.m.

In Response To: PF Volunteers - On the Job (Steve Levinson)

: The complex we find ourselves in consists of a series of narrow corridors
: that overlook a series of four large open rooms.

Just a couple of comments from me about these four rooms and the level in general. Firstly, while the SE room is nicely guarded, the NE room is guarded by only one Compiler and the NW room is not guarded at all. Of course, there are enemies that you have to defeat before reaching those rooms, but it seemed to me that those two rooms in particular should be a bit more guarded. I would suggest to Matt and Andrew that they add a few more enemies to each.

This is just ME, but as for the SW room, I really hate rooms that "appear" to be inaccessible. This one IS (I wrote Matt and asked), but what has always bothered me about inaccessible rooms is that unless you are really good at reading Forge (Phorte, etc..), the player can sometimes be left with the uncomfortable feeling that they missed something and the room really IS accessible. In fact, until I wrote Matt and asked, I had this horrible feeling that maybe that Missile Laucher in the SW room was something I needed to get now. Fortunately, it turns out that it's just a tease.

Once again, I liked this level. It was a nice challenge on TC. It's a good level for someone to practice using their Fists. As with the first level and most of the scenario for that matter (there are a few exceptional situations that I will be mentioning as we reach them), Matt and Andrew do a very good job in locating Pattern Buffers and recharge stations.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - On the JobSteve Levinson 6/26/04 10:25 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - On the JobDr. John Sumner 6/26/04 12:22 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - On the JobDr. John Sumner 6/26/04 1:19 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - On the JobMista_B 6/26/04 1:39 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - On the JobSteve Levinson 6/26/04 7:52 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - On the JobDr. John Sumner 6/27/04 1:40 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - On the JobAndrew Nagy 6/26/04 8:04 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - On the JobSteve Levinson 6/27/04 5:19 a.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - On the Jobmattschenk 6/30/04 3:26 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - On the JobDr. John Sumner 6/30/04 3:36 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.