/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games Fi
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/11/04 12:25 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games Fi (Siphonopho)

: Not 100% sure, but is that the guy who wrote the engines for Doom and Quake?
: I'm pretty sure though I heard his name being mentioned with writing the
: Q3 and DOOM 3 engines. Someone back me up on this.

Carmack is the id of id - not like some sort of superid or something (wouldn't that be subid? or maybe metaid the way I phraded it), but as in the core personality of id Software. He's a god of a programmer and he and his company make very nice game engines. They seem to prefer licencing their engines out for other people to make actual GAMES out of them though, and only actually sell some sort of demo filler to demonstrate their engine capabilities.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FightStarship Security Officer 5/9/04 5:59 p.m.
     Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FiForrest of B.org 5/9/04 7:39 p.m.
     Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games Fithe Battle Cat 5/10/04 8:01 a.m.
           Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FiStarship Security Officer 5/10/04 1:49 p.m.
                 Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FiSiphonopho 5/10/04 4:52 p.m.
                       Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FiForrest of B.org 5/11/04 12:25 p.m.
                             Just about id...Starship Security Officer 5/12/04 6:35 p.m.
                 Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games Fithe Battle Cat 5/11/04 7:25 a.m.
                       Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FiForrest of B.org 5/11/04 12:21 p.m.
                             Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games Fithe Battle Cat 5/12/04 7:20 a.m.
           I dunno...Anaphiel 5/10/04 2:54 p.m.
           Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FiLt Devon 5/10/04 4:35 p.m.
     Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FiLt Devon 5/10/04 4:34 p.m.
     Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games FiBoomer 5/11/04 7:45 a.m.
           Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games Fithe Battle Cat 5/12/04 7:31 a.m.
                 Re: Hello! Long Time! & Monsters From FPS Games Fimattschenk 5/12/04 9:12 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.