/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute Shopping
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/10/04 3:59 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute Shopping (Dr. John Sumner)

Wow, I go away to try to figure out why TC19 crashes in AO (it's an ambient sound bug - but more ont that later), and you post like crazy.

OK, John, I agree with you 100% regarding the findability of secrets. If a secret cannot be found other than by looking in Forge, then it's not a secret - it's an escape hatch for the scenairo designer(s), as they're the only ones that will find it in normal game play. Of course, once a secret has been found and published, everyone theoretically has access to it, but that's not the way it should be. I would even take exception to the secret entrance to Hell Pfhor You in Rubicon. The name of the preceding level - a long walk off a short pier - says it all, but who would think to walk out into space? Perhaps if the green runway lights were sequentially flashing and perhaps if there were a subtle disturbance in the appearance of space in that direction - pretty easy to do - but I digress. The Omega cannon needs to be findable.

I like your idea, John. A switch in the balcony area will motivate the curious to search for something new. After all, my curiosity did get the better of me and I did go up there in spite of not having a good reason to do so. Would I have searched the level afterwards? Perhaps if there were a distant sound of machinery - that would be an heavy door, after all. Yes, I like that approach. The 3X recharger should also be findable. I would vote for making it open as soon as the player steps onto that platform. With all the ammo up there, if someone doesn't try to get up there, they don't deserve the recharger. I would prefer not to make it much easier to reach, though. The advanced player needs to have a reason to find a way to extend their jumping capability.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 5/10/04 11:20 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingDr. John Sumner 5/10/04 11:54 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingDr. John Sumner 5/10/04 12:05 p.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 5/10/04 2:15 p.m.
                 Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingDr. John Sumner 5/10/04 2:31 p.m.
                       Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 5/10/04 2:54 p.m.
                             Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingDr. John Sumner 5/10/04 3:35 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingSteve Levinson 5/10/04 3:59 p.m.
                                         Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingDr. John Sumner 5/10/04 4:14 p.m.
                                               Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingSteve Levinson 5/10/04 6:21 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 5/11/04 7:50 a.m.
                                         Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingSteve Levinson 5/11/04 9:42 a.m.
                                               Re: RED 1.1: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 5/11/04 9:51 a.m.
                                                     Damn right! *NM*Steve Levinson 5/11/04 10:09 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.