/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Funky Fileball rating for Sumner film
Posted By: the Battle CatDate: 5/7/04 7:06 a.m.

Dr John,

There was a rating submitted yesterday to Fileball that gave your Red Spoiler Film the lowest score and a flame for a comment:

"This guy is a liar. Many of the levels he says are completed arent. In fact, most of the time, he dies five minutes in. Other times he just runs around aimlessly punching walls. This guy plays like a sloth on heroin, or maybe a kintergardener. He is a disgrace to the Marathon community, and his "film pack" should be deleted by military grade data scrubbers. Thats how bad it sucks."

I tried to give him a forum PM because his email address is not valid but the PM bounced so he didn't receive my message:

"Steve Davison,
I read your review of John Sumner's Red Spoiler films. I just had to wonder if maybe your experience was screwed up by not having the exact files used by the person who made the film. In films such as these you would typically see the player bumbling around punching and shooting walls. You can talk to John about it on the Marathon Story Forum. He would be interested to hear your feedback, especially criticisms, and discuss it with you."

The guy's nick is "Steve man". Perhaps you should start a thread on the Fileball forums to address this (bogus) rating. Perhaps some others here would care to rate the film themselves so it has a more balanced feel to the feedback. I'm not saying pimp it, just rate it fairly.

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmthe Battle Cat 5/7/04 7:06 a.m.
     Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmSteve Levinson 5/7/04 7:47 a.m.
           Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmDr. John Sumner 5/7/04 8:12 a.m.
           Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmDr. John Sumner 5/7/04 8:18 a.m.
           Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmthe Battle Cat 5/8/04 7:02 a.m.
     Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmDr. John Sumner 5/7/04 8:21 a.m.
           Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmYossarian 5/7/04 9:03 a.m.
                 Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmLunair 5/8/04 4:52 a.m.
                       Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmForrest of B.org 5/8/04 11:31 a.m.
                 Re: Funky Fileball rating for Sumner filmjane 5/8/04 5:06 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.