/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Return to Marathon
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 4/21/04 3:03 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Return to Marathon (Steve Levinson)

: Interesting - I guess fists-only (or knives-only in this case) does change
: the strategy a bit. Trojan is tough, but nothing compared to Red on
: Deathwish.

Let me be as honest as I can. Given my style of play, ALL scenarios are tough to a degree. I found EMR tough. Fell was certainly tough on TC since Ben designed it to be tough on Normal. Yes, RED is tough on DeathWish. But come on Steve, the second half of the scenario is trivial with the Mace in hand!! Sure it has lots of very difficult sections. But all in all, top to bottom, level for level, I found Trojan to be the toughest with the way I play. It seemed like I could never get a break with any level. Each level was as tough or tougher than the previous one. But you know what I absolutely loved about that scenario? It was the music. That has the best music I have ever heard in a game. I like that music so much, I will even occasionally start up Trojan JUST to listen to the music. :) But tough? On my, did I find that tough....especially that last level.....YIKES! Don't anyone misunderstand though. Even though it was tough, it was one of the most enjoyable and satisfying scenarios to beat.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Return to MarathonIrritated 4/20/04 10:58 a.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonSteve Levinson 4/20/04 11:17 a.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonYossarian 4/20/04 11:17 a.m.
           Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 4/20/04 1:39 p.m.
                 Re: Return to MarathonIrritated 4/20/04 3:00 p.m.
                       Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 4/20/04 3:09 p.m.
                             Re: Return to MarathonBen A. Potter 4/20/04 4:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Return to MarathonSteve Levinson 4/20/04 5:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonElliott 4/20/04 7:07 p.m.
                                               Forgot to add Megiddo *NM*Elliott 4/20/04 7:09 p.m.
                                               Re: Return to MarathonSteve Levinson 4/20/04 7:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Return to Marathonthe Battle Cat 4/21/04 7:18 a.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonBen A. Potter 4/20/04 8:12 p.m.
                             Re: Return to MarathonSteve Levinson 4/20/04 5:22 p.m.
                                   Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 4/21/04 3:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.