/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Return to Marathon
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/20/04 7:37 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Return to Marathon (Elliott)

: If you do EMR you must do Devil in a Blue Dress first. EMR is its sequel of
: sorts.

I was going to suggest this myself - just as we did SONK before Evil.

: I would like to see fell done first off. Then perhapse Origin of
: Species. That would be more then fresh in the minds of most.

Origin is a really fun scenario to play but it doesn't really have much of a story. If gameplay were the only factor, then The Black Series would be near the top of my list, but there needs to be a story worthy of discussion. No matter how much fun a map is to play nor how much eye candy there is, running around shooting things up is not much of a topic for discussion. Not sure how others feel about this, however, as Origin definitely has some very clever maps that would be interesting to discuss from a constructional standpoint.

: An AI Called Wanda or Operation Vengeance would also be good.

Both of these should be discussed, but we may have to get someone else to take the lead on OV.

:D-Day and Futility are another two that would go nicely, but are a little lighter on the
: story(d-day has a cool twist).

D-Day has some interesting tie-ins to the Marathon Story, and I'm sure the Battle Cat would have something to add to that discussion. Futility - yikes - I can't seem to come close to beating that one.

Megiddo - I almost forgot about it - a fun scenario, but where's the story to discuss?

At the top of my list would still be Trojan.

Pfh'Joueur has one of the strongest stories out there - but I have my own plans for it that will include a spoiler guide for it that I'm very slowly working on (particularly while these volunteer posts are going on).

Gemini station is another short, but worthy scenario IMHO. Any others?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Return to MarathonIrritated 4/20/04 10:58 a.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonSteve Levinson 4/20/04 11:17 a.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonYossarian 4/20/04 11:17 a.m.
           Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 4/20/04 1:39 p.m.
                 Re: Return to MarathonIrritated 4/20/04 3:00 p.m.
                       Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 4/20/04 3:09 p.m.
                             Re: Return to MarathonBen A. Potter 4/20/04 4:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Return to MarathonSteve Levinson 4/20/04 5:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonElliott 4/20/04 7:07 p.m.
                                               Forgot to add Megiddo *NM*Elliott 4/20/04 7:09 p.m.
                                               Re: Return to MarathonSteve Levinson 4/20/04 7:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Return to Marathonthe Battle Cat 4/21/04 7:18 a.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonBen A. Potter 4/20/04 8:12 p.m.
                             Re: Return to MarathonSteve Levinson 4/20/04 5:22 p.m.
                                   Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 4/21/04 3:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.