/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute Shopping
Posted By: ErnieDate: 4/9/04 1:02 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute Shopping (Steve Levinson)

: The mace is also the only weapon I'm aware of in any Marathon scenario that
: is capable of pulling the player forward (when used with the alternate
: trigger). Aimed upward, it can lift the player up a short wall or make it
: possible to jump across a rift that would otherwise be unreachable. This
: trick will be of significant use to us later in the game.

Here I go hijacking another Red volunteers threat for my own nefarious purposes...

I've been toying with the idea of using an negative value recoil somewhere within WMaiD. Perhaps modifying the marine's standard punch to actually pull him forward? In an true low gravity station, this would almost seem like a leaping punch.

Curious, put does the Mace also effect the player's Z axis height? I only recall it pulling you forward - which was relative to the direction you aimed.

I also presume the negative recoil effect can work on monsters as their attack? Perhaps combining a Z axis weapon effect with a negative recoil could cause monster to 'jump' forward and up in low gravity, not unlike Mario...

I'm curious to know about people's reaction to this.

Regards,
-Ernie

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 4/9/04 8:51 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingElliott 4/9/04 9:35 a.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingSteve Levinson 4/9/04 11:39 a.m.
                 Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 4/9/04 11:50 a.m.
                       Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingSteve Levinson 4/10/04 6:44 a.m.
                             Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 4/10/04 7:02 a.m.
                 Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingErnie 4/9/04 1:02 p.m.
                 Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingSpeaker-To-Animals 4/9/04 6:20 p.m.
                       Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingErnie 4/9/04 6:46 p.m.
                       Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 4/9/04 7:17 p.m.
                             Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingErnie 4/10/04 2:08 p.m.
                                   Re: RED Volunteers: Last Minute ShoppingMark Levin 4/10/04 2:29 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.