/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Ernie wants YOU to clarify Marathon Canon
Posted By: ErnieDate: 3/19/04 6:37 p.m.

I'm doing a sweep through WMaiD, and I came to a terminal I believe would benifit from community fact checking.

Below is a transcription (copy and pasted by yours truly) from one of the incidental UESC terminals found in an Epilogue level. I invite everyone to pick appart my definitions, dates, or facts - or to even write your own and post them here. Who knows, they may wind up in WMaiD.

Thanks in advance everyone,
-Ernie

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--UESC|UESGTerm 802.11b --1/1:begin_Relevant_Terms-|-Pronunciation--
File Summary:
>Source Index of Terms, Descriptions and Pronunciation of general U.E.S.C. use:

>Known Alien races:

Classified: [' null '] /--Entrys Missing (I included this to account for any alien races that may/may not be part of the marathon Universe, but may be added after WMaiD is released)

Jjaro: [' Yah-row '] Mysterious race that disappeared from our galaxy millions of years ago, leaving behind military and civilian outposts on the moons and planets of many habitable worlds.
Most Pfhor technology was plundered from sites abandoned by the Jjaro.

Pfhor: [' fore '] Insect-like Slaver species. Evolved in such a way their lower ranks are more insectoid, and their upper species more sentient.
In 2794 Pfhor attacked the colony ship Marathon, instigating the Human/Pfhor war, lasting to present.

-----

Nar: [' Na-rh '] A rather primitive, backwards race. Initial Nar group encountered by UESC forces were privateers, the Nar have been recorded as posessing some advanced technology and captured Pfhor ships. How this species came across this technology is currently unknown.

Nebulon: [' Neb-u-lon '] /--Entry Missing

S'pht: [' Suh-fit '] /--Entry Missing

Vylae: [' V-yail '] /--Entry Missing

>Human Military/Governmental Bodies

U.E.S.C: [or 'Unified Earth Space Council'] Responsible for all Governmental matters including currency, materials trade, mining, and colonization.

U.E.S.G: [or 'United Earth Space Guard'] Responsible for all Military matters of the outer colonies; keeping the social order.

U.N.S.C: [or 'United Nations Space Council'] Amalgamated into the U.E.S.C shortly after the Martian colonist's uprisings pre-2472.

>Common Historical Reference:

(note: ERS protocol is specific to WMaiD)
ERS Protocol: Legislature updated by the head director of the U.E.S.G,

stating:
"Any U.E.S.G or U.E.S.C ship which encounters possible Jjaro property, spacecraft, technology or information shall immediately cease all outgoing transmissions; while taking the most immediate route to the inner Sol or New Reach systems .../"

U.E.S.C_Marathon: Converted moon Deimos becomes the U.E.S.C. colony ship Marathon in 2472. 2773- Marathon arrives at Tau Ceti. 2787-Colony established. 2794- Marathon attacked by Pfhor scoutship.

--UESC|UESGTerm 802.11b --1/1:end_Relevant_Terms-|-Pronunciation--

WMaiD @ the Bighouse

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Ernie wants YOU to clarify Marathon CanonErnie 3/19/04 6:37 p.m.
     Re: Ernie wants YOU to clarify Marathon CanonAdam Ashwell 3/19/04 6:53 p.m.
     Re: Ernie wants YOU to clarify Marathon CanonYossarian 3/19/04 7:47 p.m.
           Re: Ernie wants YOU to clarify Marathon CanonErnie 3/20/04 2:32 p.m.
                 Re: Ernie wants YOU to clarify Marathon CanonYossarian 3/20/04 11:04 p.m.
     Re: Ernie wants YOU to clarify Marathon Canondeathmonger 3/21/04 3:31 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.