/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: What's your favorite weapon?
Posted By: Starship Security OfficerDate: 2/11/04 4:11 p.m.

In Response To: Re: What's your favorite weapon? (Me!! /_43)

: Probably the shotgun(s). Mega punch, decent fire rate, spread isn't too bad.
: Chews through ammo, but such is life.

: BTW, there's *one* weapon that is almost always neglected on these lists: the
: Alien Weapon. Honestly it doesn't have all that much to recommend to it,
: other than a pretty good firing rate.

I don't really like the shotgun, no offense. It has great stopping power, especially when dualed, but the accuracy... Well, it's just not that good in that area. It has a decent fire rate, you're right on that. Overall, it's good for how devastating it is in more close quarters, but it also kind of renders you vulnerable. It's a good weapon, but it's just not the gun for me, although EVERY gun is great. Then again, I don't really play M2 or MI, M1 is best in my opinion.

I agree with you on the Alien Weapon. I suppose it's good for a survival weapon (you don't have anymore than your fist, so you go and kill an enforcer to take its weapon), but other than that it isn't all that good.

I have 2 favorite weapons. The first is the AR, which is excellent, especially when using combo attack when necessary. Fast rate of fire, devastating grenades, pretty much everything. The throw-away facts are that it can be self-devastating sometimes, and the accuracy and range capabilities kind of suck. Other than that, it's great. You can clear a room in seconds.

The second is the Magnum, just like Neoptolemus. The only throw back in my opinion is the fact that the rate of fire is quite bad (except for Rubicon), I wish it were as fast as the pistol from Prime Target, and then maybe I would love it more. This gun is especially good when dualed. It has best accuracy and range capabilities, and good for ammo preservation. The Magnum isn't just some dingy fall-back weapon. It has great capabilities. Plus it isn't self-devastating. Believe it or not, like I said before, it saved my ass where other weapons couldn't. The stopping power isn't bad, it isn't just some *plink* stopping power, it's just the rate of fire. Maybe if someone were to make some mutator or be able to edit Marathon's physics to increase the fire rate some more... Hmmmm.

Oops. Leela wants me again. Goodbye!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What's your favorite weapon?Neoptolemus 2/11/04 1:25 p.m.
     Re: pancakes with syrup•M 2/11/04 1:38 p.m.
           hi bentlama! *NM*Mark Levin 2/12/04 6:13 a.m.
     Re: What's your favorite weapon?Me!! /_43 2/11/04 1:44 p.m.
           Re: What's your favorite weapon?Starship Security Officer 2/11/04 4:11 p.m.
           Re: What's your favorite weapon?the Battle Cat 2/12/04 5:57 a.m.
                 Re: What's your favorite weapon?Steve Levinson 2/12/04 11:42 a.m.
     Re: What's your favorite weapon?Durandal1010 2/11/04 1:44 p.m.
     Fav Weapon? - the never-ending thread - Lethal! *NM*Steve Levinson 2/11/04 4:11 p.m.
     Re: What's your favorite weapon?Yossarian 2/11/04 6:37 p.m.
     Re: What's your favorite weapon?zirman 2/12/04 1:36 p.m.
           Re: What's your favorite weapon?the Battle Cat 2/13/04 6:02 a.m.
     Re: What's your favorite weapon?Duff Man 2/13/04 10:22 a.m.
     Re: What's your favorite weapon?Mark Levin 2/13/04 11:43 a.m.
           Re: What's your favorite weapon?the Battle Cat 2/14/04 7:32 a.m.
     Re: What's your favorite weapon?Ozymandias 2/15/04 6:02 p.m.
           Re: What's your favorite weapon?deathmonger 2/16/04 11:19 a.m.
                 Re: What's your favorite weapon?Andrew Nagy 2/16/04 12:54 p.m.
                       Re: What's your favorite weapon?Ozymandias 2/16/04 4:14 p.m.
                             Re: What's your favorite weapon?the Battle Cat 2/17/04 6:27 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.