/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/Magrathea
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 1/28/04 4:29 p.m.

In Response To: Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/Magrathea (Mark Levin)

One thing I forgot to mention here, story-wise. On Magrathea, the first terminal contains this passage:

Also: A word of warning about the defenses- The drones which the Pfhor may or may not have control of are bad copies of the originals you found on Lh'own- Their power cores are a little unstable.

As far as I can tell, this is the first time in Evil or SONK that the player's character is explicitly identified as being the Marine from the original games. It's been pointed out that this is never explicitly denied either, but I had been playing both SONK and Evil up to this point under the impression that you were not. I'm tempted to just forgive them, restructure my view of the story, and strike this inconsistency from the record, but they really should have mentioned this earlier (and not thrown it out in such an offhanded fashion). In RED, another scenario in which your true identity is not revealed at first, this revelation is given the attention and detail it deserves.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/MagratheaMark Levin 1/28/04 4:20 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/MagratheaMark Levin 1/28/04 4:29 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/MagratheaSteve Levinson 1/28/04 5:44 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/MagratheaAdam Ashwell 1/29/04 1:03 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/MagratheaD-M.A. 1/30/04 12:05 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/MagratheaAndrew "Oosha" Nagy 1/28/04 7:17 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Cryo Me To Sleep/MagratheaDr. John Sumner 1/29/04 7:43 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.