/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place to
Posted By: Keith PalmerDate: 1/24/04 12:17 p.m.

In Response To: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place to go (Steve Levinson)

With this level and the general opening-up of the cramped corridors of the first few levels, I decided I should get around to contributing some comments again. As said, making the leaps through the first canyon is very tricky; I found it even trickier than the leaps necessary at points in Tempus Irae. Trying to conserve ammunition, I decided not to use grenades for the small non-damaging boost they can provide, and wound up having to fight the Devlins in the underground passageway. (As in the previous levels, this level tends to close in when they appear...) For a while, I had thought I was finally starting to get slightly ahead of the ammunition question, but the first time I played clear through to the final switch-throwing problem I used up practically the last of it clearing out the Devlins. When I was teleported out to face one last Devlin, I proved tempting bait... Going back to my saved game, though, I managed to turn up some caches I hadn't noticed on the way before.

The "U" of switches to throw to get into the underground passages with their swiftly rising corridors was rather difficult for me to figure out. By the end, I was starting to detect a system, but I don't think I'd be able to reproduce it now.

One thing I was interested to learn was that the MOW-MDN gatling cannon was almost an official Marathon weapon. I had been thinking that Evil's new weapons looked very professionally drawn, and now I suppose I know the reason why.

As a final note, though, on reading the terminals I immediately remembered there's no "H" in Marathon's "CRIST Sol orbiters."

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place to goSteve Levinson 1/24/04 7:24 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place toMark Levin 1/24/04 8:38 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place toDr. John Sumner 1/25/04 3:40 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place toKeith Palmer 1/24/04 12:17 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place toAdam Ashwell 1/24/04 1:21 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place toSteve Levinson 1/24/04 9:57 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place toBalzac 1/25/04 12:12 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Wejam The Carter 1/24/04 5:16 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***James Smith 1/24/04 6:02 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Mark Levin 1/24/04 9:16 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Adam Ashwell 1/25/04 4:47 a.m.
                       Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***thermoplyae 1/25/04 5:39 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Steve Levinson 1/24/04 10:00 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Elliott 1/24/04 10:32 p.m.
                       Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Steve Levinson 1/25/04 6:56 a.m.
                             Sponsored by Kenneth Williams ;) *NM*zudo 1/25/04 9:40 a.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Wejam The Carter 1/25/04 2:47 p.m.
                                   Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Bob-B-Q 1/25/04 3:40 p.m.
                                         Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Wejam The Carter 1/25/04 5:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***D-M.A. 1/26/04 12:58 a.m.
                                                     Re: Evil Volunteers - ***Mature Content***Wejam The Carter 1/26/04 6:15 a.m.
                                                     There you go bringing ASS into it again... no msg *NM*Andrew "Document" Nagy 1/27/04 2:10 p.m.
           Perversity lies in the eye of the beholder =) *NM*Vid Boi 1/25/04 12:10 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers - All dressed up, no place to Tasnu Arakun 1/25/04 3:24 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.