/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!
Posted By: NeoptolemusDate: 1/19/04 1:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I have enough of these damn spammers! (Lunair)

: Not that I don't just love spam to death , but I think that whoever runs the
: Story Forum (Hamish? Claude?) should consider making registering a
: requirement for posting, and have some sort of spambot thwart technique
: (such as "write the word this image says"). I don't know if it's
: easy to do with WebBBS 4.33 to do such a thing, or even possible, but if
: it's both possible and reasonably simple, it could improve the
: signal-to-noise ratio by a good amount. Eh?

: -Lunair

I don't think that these forums should be given moderation mostly. Because then, think of how all of the mods and admins would dictate us. They would lock our topics, they would keep barging in and try to act cool and shit, and sometimes it's as if we're 2nd class to them or something. Overall, that would kind of ruin the humor and fun we have in here. I have nothing against mods or admins, but sometimes they just go too far. I enjoy the overall freedom of this place. If we're going to have someone or something watch over the place, that person should only be there for one purpose: to delete any posts that contain spam.

Then again, I'm not sure if we even want that. Some of the spam is pretty funny, and lately i've noticed how often some spam kind of prompts humor, and we can always get those spammers back without getting busted.

This is just my opinion, but I think that the forum should stay how it is.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I have enough of these damn spammers!Krazy 1/19/04 1:26 a.m.
     Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Todd 1/19/04 2:06 a.m.
           Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Lunair 1/19/04 12:28 p.m.
                 Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Neoptolemus 1/19/04 1:29 p.m.
                       Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Krazy 1/19/04 3:30 p.m.
                             Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Count Zero 1/19/04 4:06 p.m.
                                   Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Krazy 1/19/04 4:11 p.m.
                                         Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Neoptolemus 1/19/04 6:52 p.m.
                                               Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Count Zero 1/19/04 8:40 p.m.
                                   Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Elliott 1/19/04 7:34 p.m.
                                         Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Count Zero 1/19/04 8:21 p.m.
                                               Re: I have enough of these damn spammers!Elliott 1/19/04 9:04 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.