Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: could soon evolve or consume all?
Posted By: Wado SG <wyamauchi@msn.com>Date: 3/14/03 1:12 p.m.

In Response To: could soon evolve or consume all? (Warbow)

: What is the general consensus? Does 343GS say "they could soon
: evolve" or "they consume all"?

: I lean toward the "they consume all" side of the fence. That is
: what I always heard while playing the game. But when I look at the story
: page the have the phrase "they could soon evolve".

: What is the correct phrase?

I don't know but please let me (us all) know. I'm horrible at hearing things like this, I watched the movie Major Payne and every time when the Major asks the kid what he is looking at, I hear: "Something sir!" but everyone else hears "Nothing sir!". Well technically "Nothing sir" would be the common line, but I used my logic to justify that if you are looking at a superior officer, you don't imply they are nothing.

Anyway, "They consume all" could more support the Flood as a biological weapon, since you probably wouldn't want your weapon to have an unlimited life span, something needs to stop it or the creators of the weapon would be doomed too. On the other hand, "They could soon evolve" has more the feel of a higher life form and the spores are just the lowest in a series of stages of development.

I don't know if Bungie (Marty?) could clarify this, but I like Ciarán's idea of recording it so others can decide.

Message Index

Replies:

could soon evolve or consume all?Warbow 3/14/03 10:53 a.m.
     Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Ross Mills 3/14/03 10:58 a.m.
           Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Jamirus99 3/14/03 2:47 p.m.
     Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Ciarán 3/14/03 10:58 a.m.
     Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Scalrag 3/14/03 11:36 a.m.
     Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Wado SG 3/14/03 1:12 p.m.
           Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Matt 3/14/03 2:10 p.m.
                 Re: could soon evolve or consume all?mnemesis 3/14/03 2:24 p.m.
                 Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Konrad9 3/14/03 2:25 p.m.
                       Re: could soon evolve or consume all?mnemesis 3/14/03 2:33 p.m.
                             Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Ross Mills 3/14/03 2:36 p.m.
                                   Re: could soon evolve or consume all?mnemesis 3/14/03 2:38 p.m.
                       You too, thanks *NM*Wado SG 3/14/03 3:19 p.m.
                 does this kill the hive mind idea?myrad_dragon 3/14/03 5:02 p.m.
                 Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Ciarán 3/18/03 8:19 a.m.
                       Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Ciarán 3/18/03 9:53 a.m.
                             Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Louis Wu 3/18/03 11:13 a.m.
                                   Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Warbow 3/18/03 11:20 a.m.
                                   Re: could soon evolve or consume all?Ciarán 3/18/03 11:53 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.