glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

NEW and IMPROVED dogsounds' art challenge! Yes!!
Posted By: dogsoundsDate: 3/2/03 4:57 p.m.

Holy jumping Mother o' God in a sidecar with chocolate jimmies and a lobster bib!

It's that time again when I repeatedly bang my head against a hard surface till my eyes bleed and I come up with another idea for another Dogsounds' Art Challenge®!

Slightly different way of doing things this time, but first, the skinny on this challenge.

The challenge this time is less restrictive. Yay! Seeing as it is only a month or so from the anniversary of Halo Babies being announced, all you have to do is create a drawing that features any or all of the Halo Babies. The only other criterion is that you make the reader laugh so hard that she or he drops a lung. Although spitting milk out of their nose is also acceptable, at a pinch.

"But," I hear you say, "what's different this time?"

Well, it's how we're gonna play it, that's what.

For this challenge, you

must NOT post your art on the forum! Ever! No. Uh-uh..

If you do, we will unleash the hounds.

From now on, and for any future challenges, what you will need to do is

email your art to me.

Once the challenge is over, I will then send these to Louis in one go. It saves Louis fannying about looking for art, and having to figure out if it's for the challenge or not. Louis has said he *might* set up a little section for the art. If that doesn't come off, however, don't worry, I'll then post them in a single thread instead. The idea here is to have fun without taxing Louis and wearing his fingers to nubs and his head to a gleaming, embaldened shine.

My email address is below, but I have taken out the sleeping cat (@) to avoid nasties that trawl for email addresses. Put it back in when you mail me, it goes without saying...even though I just said it...damn. (Please, nobody put this as a link in any replies, I get far too much junk mail as it is).

dogsounds[at]dogsounds.com

Also, please bear in mind I am on a puny 56k connection , so NO BMP's! I'll take Gifs or JPEGS, and try to keep them as small a file size as poss (the ones we had for the last challenge would be fine). If you send me a bitmap, I'll spend an hour downloading it, then delete it, and I'll send the boys round with sporting equipment to have a chat ;)

So, the deadline is...uh...the last day of March. Why not.

Remember, the idea is not to find the best picture. It's just to have a laff. And if you ummed and ahhed about entering the last one (you know who you are), then don't worry this time, do it anyway! JFDI! If you think your mAD drAwErING SkiLLsZ!!!11 are not that good, focus on the humor!

It doesn't have to be a work of art...just a work of heart.

Jeez, that's cheezy. I may weep openly.

Chop Chop!

d

When the dinosaur woke up, it was still there.

Message Index

Replies:

NEW and IMPROVED dogsounds' art challenge! Yes!!dogsounds 3/2/03 4:57 p.m.
     Re: NEW and IMPROVED dogsounds' art challenge! YesMichael Frank 3/2/03 5:16 p.m.
           Re: NEW and IMPROVED dogsounds' art challenge! Yesdogsounds 3/2/03 5:29 p.m.
     Re: NEW and IMPROVED dogsounds' art challenge! YesMister_Chief 3/2/03 5:51 p.m.
           Re: NEW and IMPROVED dogsounds' art challenge! Yesoddworld18 3/2/03 6:09 p.m.
                 I don't get it thats my room celing... *NM*wraith7n 3/2/03 8:21 p.m.
                       Re: I don't get it thats my room celing...Mister_Chief 3/2/03 8:23 p.m.
                       means cornershotsdogsounds 3/2/03 9:36 p.m.
     Re: NEW and IMPROVED dogsounds' art challenge! YesRed Loser 3/2/03 8:30 p.m.
           Why, thankyou sir! But...dogsounds 3/3/03 9:57 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.