Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Team HBO and OvK at Halo Winter Nationals
Posted By: Miguel Chavez <bs@bungie.org>Date: 2/3/03 11:21 a.m.

Team HBO: Konrad, KP, nof, Neo, and myself went down to the regionals this Sunday. We practiced Friday evening through Saturday. I was very rusty and sat out of the games, but I was the official cheerleader.

The guys played really well. nof and Konrad were esp. on fire. I believe the scores for the first round were:

CTF Wizard
3-0

Team Slayer Damnation
50-11

In the CTF game, I don't think the opposing team ever got *close* to the flag. nof was on defense and between his rocket and pistol, there were bodies littered everywhere.

On Damnation, they did just as well. Konrad was mastering the 3-shot pistol kills left and right. Some great playing all around.

The losing team, We Are One, based in NJ, were good sports about it, and even joked that they thought it was a Street Fighter tournament, what's this Halo game? :)

So we moved onto the second round. This time, Team HBO met their match. Virus, a team of folks spread out over the country, were very very skilled. The first match, CTF Battle Creek, was very hard. HBO won the coin toss at the beginning and even with the other side starting on the unwanted Red base, they still kept Team HBO on the ropes. (I may have the scores mixed up, my bad)

CTF Battle Creek
1-3

The next game was Team Slayer in Chill Out. The HBO boyz bounced back as best as they could, and throughout the match the score was always very tight. Virus was never ahead more than a few points. But the Virus team picked up the rocket launcher and use some good camo strats and came out ahead. Final score I believe:

Team Slayer Chill Out
43-50

Again, both sides were good sports and I think I can speak for Team HBO and say that they had a good time playing. It's always fun, I think, to play against good opponents, even if you lose.

I won't go into much detail with Clan OvK, another favored team here on HBO, as I'm sure Elan will have a great write-up of the event. I will say this though: I saw them play Team King Hang 'em High (snipers), and that was some of THE most intense playing I've ever seen. The floors were LITTERED with sniper rifles. Elan was sniping like crazy, and many times just at 2X, all the way across the map! The match was a real nail-biter.

There's more, including how we spent our time while waiting for the games to start, but I'll leave that to others from the teams to fill in.

The 'official' gory details can be found here.

Bungie Sightings

Message Index

Replies:

Team HBO and OvK at Halo Winter NationalsMiguel Chavez 2/3/03 11:21 a.m.
     Re: Team HBO and OvK at Halo Winter Nationalskiro69 2/3/03 11:25 a.m.
           it's over johnny (vlt)Miguel Chavez 2/3/03 11:29 a.m.
     Re: Team HBO and OvK at Halo Winter NationalsLouis Wu 2/3/03 11:33 a.m.
           Re: Team HBO and OvK at Halo Winter Nationalskiro69 2/3/03 11:40 a.m.
           Re: Team HBO and OvK at Halo Winter NationalsMiguel Chavez 2/3/03 12:15 p.m.
                 Re: Team HBO and OvK at Halo Winter NationalsElan Sleazbagano 2/3/03 2:15 p.m.
     Re: Team HBO and OvK at Halo Winter NationalsRoss Mills 2/3/03 11:34 a.m.
           I believe we had 46 kills in R2,G2 *NM* *NM*Konrad9 2/3/03 12:15 p.m.
                 Yes! 46-50, that's correct! *NM*Miguel Chavez 2/3/03 12:17 p.m.
                 Re: I believe we had 46 kills in R2,G2Louis Wu 2/3/03 12:26 p.m.
                       Re: I believe we had 46 kills in R2,G2Miguel Chavez 2/3/03 12:34 p.m.
                             Re: hair *SOT*Konrad9 2/3/03 12:42 p.m.
                             Re: I believe we had 46 kills in R2,G2Louis Wu 2/3/03 2:24 p.m.
                                   Re: I believe we had 46 kills in R2,G2Konrad9 2/3/03 2:38 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.