Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

The power of Halo
Posted By: Team OverkillDate: 7/21/02 8:57 p.m.

"The wider acceptance of games was never more apparent to me than this last Father's Day--my first. In celebration, many members of my family--from my side and from my wife's--gathered at our house for a barbecue. My Xbox was still only days out of the packaging, and I was engaging in a wicked match of co-op Halo with my brother-in-law (who's condemned every console first-person shooter since GoldenEye). My parents, who've finally come to grips with the fact that I "play video games for a living," have gotten rather used to me playing games all the time, so this sight was nothing new to them. However, my wife's aunt and uncle were present, and they watched the game of Halo unfold with something that looked akin to awe on their faces. I jumped into salesman mode for a moment, declaring that the Xbox had just dropped to $199--and another unit was moved. These are people who typically wouldn't give games a second thought, but after seeing what they've evolved into since last taking a look, they were able to put aside their preconceived notions of video games and accept them as a respectable form of entertainment."

Read this on a GameSpotting article.

The Article

Message Index

Replies:

The power of HaloTeam Overkill 7/21/02 8:57 p.m.
     Re: That's totally cool. :-) *NM*Ratty 7/21/02 9:21 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.