Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Credit, and why it sucks.
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 5/6/02 10:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: FrogBlast... (PCDestroyer)

: Documentation?

: Sorry... I guess I lose then. I did it... but I don't have a vid cap card...

: In all fairness though... lots of people don't have vidcaps and they get
: others to do it for them... I can see how "weapons through
: walls" is the same trick... but if that's the case... like you said..
: the trick listing needs to be cleaned out quite a bit... many things in
: there are duplicate with multiple credits.

: But whatever, I don't care... give credit to whoever... its just a friggin
: trick... and I'm gonna use it... so what do I care who's name is
: emblazoned upon it...

I'm not at all sure why you're pissed at me.

I told you that I'd be happy to add you to the trick's credits section if you can document it (or find someone to document it). That's not my friggin' job - it's yours. There ARE NO UNDOCUMENTED TRICKS in the tricks section - but there are plenty of tricks credited to people who don't have vid capture equipment.

Instead of bitching at me for three days about how I'm not giving you the credit you deserve, why not find someone to film the damn thing for you? It's not like I've gotten around to clearing the queue yet...

Look, people - I do my DAMNEDEST to give credit where credit is due. If someone can prove they came up with an idea first for an existing trick, I add a note to the trick page, mentioning this. I don't go out of my way to keep ANY of you from the limelight that sometimes seems more important than the trick itself... but I still get crap from people who feel they're being slighted.

You want your name in lights? Put up a website, maintain it for long enough that folks begin to visit regularly, put your name in lights. (Some of the best tricksters I've seen have done this already.)

I'll do my best with what I've been given... but I no longer have the time to document tricks from folks who have good ideas but no equipment. Luckily, that's not all that necessary - there are plenty of people who offer to film tricks for people - why, less than an hour ago, Frogblast offered to film this. xbill offers regularly, as well. Have a cool trick? Put up a request here, work out with any respondents how it'll get done, and submit the trick. Or don't - there are plenty of tricks that are quite happy being in private use by their discoverers.

Just try not to get mad at ME if I can't be all things to all people.

Message Index

Replies:

NEW never before seen Sidewinder TRICK!PCDestroyer 5/3/02 7:35 p.m.
     FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/3/02 7:45 p.m.
           Re: FrogBlast...FrogBlast 5/3/02 8:10 p.m.
                 Re: FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/3/02 9:10 p.m.
                       Re: FrogBlast...Louis Wu 5/3/02 9:37 p.m.
                             Re: FrogBlast...Destr0yer 5/3/02 11:28 p.m.
                             Re: FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/4/02 1:21 p.m.
                                   Re: FrogBlast...Louis Wu 5/4/02 3:37 p.m.
                                         Re: FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/5/02 2:34 p.m.
                                               Re: FrogBlast...Louis Wu 5/5/02 4:29 p.m.
                                                     Re: FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/6/02 9:52 a.m.
                                                           Re: FrogBlast...FrogBlast 5/6/02 9:58 a.m.
                                                           Credit, and why it sucks.Louis Wu 5/6/02 10:53 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.