Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Difference: Single Player vs. Coop
Posted By: xbill <xbill@anonymous.to>Date: 4/7/02 10:14 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Difference: Single Player vs. Coop (BlueSpam)

: I never made it an issue of who discovered it first. I do believe that it had
: been done quite a while ago but never documented. You had asked whether or
: not it had been documented before, and I posted a link to where it had. I
: never contested that you were the first to film it or that the fact that
: they were discovered on different modes and using different techniques,
: but I also never made any indication that it made a difference to me. I
: simply shared the pictures, and you automatically assumed that it was an
: attack. I'm sorry that you misunderstood, but the different routes we took
: to reach our findings do not make one or the other superior or inferior.
: I'm dissapointed that you are taking a situation like this, where the
: purpose is to share discoveries in Halo, and turning it into a
: "mine's better than your's" competition.
: BlueSpam

My misunderstanding.

My original post was in reference to getting passed the door in Single Player mode. I had seen your earlier post and pics of the trick from your Coop session. I thought it was cool that you got in there. I wanted to make the distinction because many of the cool stunts are done in Coop mode vs. Single Player.

I interpreted your response to my initial post as downplaying the distinction, since you didn't mention anything about it, only that you'd been there, done that.

I simply wanted to make the distinction, and share the video as a "How to" for Single Player. I did not mean to imply that my way was better, or that I videoed it first. Nor, did I intend it to be a competition.

I'm not all about first credits on these things. I enjoy "hacking" the game, and trying new tricks.

Making videos of stunts is a creative outlet that I really enjoy. I get the inspiration to try new things from posts in this forum. So, I know that many tricks have already been done.

That's my perspective on it. I hope this clears things up. I apologise for any confusion on my part.

Message Index

Replies:

Through The Locked Door (before it locks)xbill 4/6/02 9:20 p.m.
     Re: Through The Locked Door (before it locks)BlueSpam 4/6/02 9:48 p.m.
           Re: Through The Locked Door (before it locks)xbill 4/6/02 10:47 p.m.
                 Re: Through The Locked Door (before it locks)BlueSpam 4/7/02 12:56 p.m.
           Difference: Single Player vs. Coopxbill 4/6/02 10:53 p.m.
                 Re: Difference: Single Player vs. CoopStormSinger 4/7/02 12:08 a.m.
                 Re: Difference: Single Player vs. CoopLouis Wu 4/7/02 12:52 p.m.
                       Re: Difference: Single Player vs. Coopxbill 4/7/02 4:48 p.m.
                             Re: Difference: Single Player vs. CoopLouis Wu 4/7/02 6:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Difference: Single Player vs. Coopxbill 4/7/02 7:34 p.m.
                                         Re: Difference: Single Player vs. CoopBlueSpam 4/7/02 8:00 p.m.
                                               Re: Difference: Single Player vs. Coopxbill 4/7/02 10:14 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.