Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SP
Posted By: *Ar-Isildur of *WP* <superissy9@mac.com>Date: 3/26/02 3:28 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SP (Akira)

: Reason I ask, after poking around Bungies "old" site, this image on
: this T-shirt, the right hand portion of the character looks like Halo/MC
: suit. (if I'm wrong, I apologize, considering I've played neither game, so
: don't know if the reference is correct)

:

: Akira

HEY IT'S BOB!!!

No that is not the marine, that is a tshirt known as "The Evolution of BOB"

BOB = Born on Board ... they were the human NPCs in marathon. This is why you will see some old skool bungie fans refer to the NPC marines in halo as "BOBs".

In the first marathon, they were completely helpless .. running around screaming "They're Everywhere!" (or "Thank God it's you!" but that's another story for another day). In Marathon 2 ... bungie gave them some teeth, in the form of a pistol ... so they were actually somewhat useful and could fight back. In Marathon Infinity they went one step further, and gave them vacuum suits (so they could run around on vacuum levels) and fusion pistols.

There you have it.

-*Ar

Message Index

Replies:

Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SP*Al 3/26/02 1:24 p.m.
     Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPMark Levin 3/26/02 2:18 p.m.
           Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPLouis Wu 3/26/02 2:29 p.m.
                 Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPAkira 3/26/02 2:55 p.m.
                       Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPLouis Wu 3/26/02 3:02 p.m.
                             Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPWarbow 3/26/02 3:07 p.m.
                             Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPAkira 3/26/02 3:14 p.m.
                                   Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SP*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 3/26/02 3:28 p.m.
                                         Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SP•Mimer 3/26/02 3:58 p.m.
                                   OMG! The chief's a Vac-Bob???!?! ;-)(nt) *NM*Darksbane 4/4/02 5:17 p.m.
                 Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPMatt 3/26/02 4:26 p.m.
                       Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPLouis Wu 3/26/02 4:31 p.m.
     Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPda5id 3/26/02 3:07 p.m.
           Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPLouis Wu 3/26/02 3:32 p.m.
     Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPDjof@School 3/26/02 4:18 p.m.
           Re: Anyone read the XBN Halo article? *POSSIBLE SPAl 3/26/02 6:10 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.