Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)
Posted By: DarkReign2021 <DarkReign2021@yahoo.com>Date: 3/1/13 12:50 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) (Revenant1988)

: I feel the same. Kinda ruined what magic they had, and also upset me as I've
: done my best to play devils advocate and defend their story telling
: abilities and they reveal they pretty much make it up as they go along.

: I have mixed feelings about their true intentions for Halsey as well. I know
: that a lot of people don't like her and her image has been shifting
: lately. I'm not saying they're wrong- Halsey is definitely not a saint.
: Still... when I read the words "she’s a monster. A war criminal.
: from the horses mouth it hurts a little.

: Idk.

: -Rev
: A bit depressed now.

I'm honestly shocked they can pull off plot-development this way as well as they have. I can understand filling in the gaps as you go and making changes as necessary, but there's a difference between "how do we fill 10 minutes in the middle" and "Episode 10 releases next week. How should we end it?" It just strike me as very unprofessional and it leaves a lot up to chance that there won't be any plot contrivances, muddled details, or restraints on possible options.

I would like to think at this point 343 already has Halo 5 and 6 mapped out and they know where to go from here, but I have to question that if they're just magically deciding to [redacted spoilers] last minute. You might kill off a character like Sgt. Johnson or a member of Majestic on a whim, but you never know if an element will crop up later on where the person you killed would be the perfect fit and you wish you hadn't killed them now.

Generally when I write, my rule of thumb is to come up with a general theme, than base the story around a handful of settings, ideas, or themes and I will start out writing those chapters first. I usually end up with the 1st chapter, 2 or 3 scattered chapters in the middle, and the last couple of chapters wrapping up everything important to the story, than go back and begin mapping and writing the other chapters in-between to flesh out the primary chapters to make them more seamless and believable. As the support chapters are detailed new ideas might come about and changes will be made to the original chapters, but the primary ideas stay intact and the important elements remain intact consistently.

At any rate, what's done is done with Season 1 and we can only hope they have some good ideas for pulling off the ending that they gave us. I've drafted out a few different possibilities that 343 could take Dr. Halsey in that seem to be going over better than the initial response from the Epilogue. Hopefully 343 can take it somewhere in that direction.

And all I have to say is I'm tired of hearing that Dr. Halsey is a monster. I got it in Glasslands and Thursdays War, the H4 Prologue somewhat, and now the majority of S-Ops. She has her rough edges and I can understand some chracters like Parangosky and Osman despising her, but most of the fanbase sees it differently. In a narrative like that which the Halo series follows, you should let the characters feelings be heard, not the writers themselves and the writers at 343 make it seem like they hold a personal grudge against her. Doing what they did at the end of the Epilogue just dilutes and breaks her character even moreso. The ending was very much unlike her.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Revenant1988 2/28/13 6:38 a.m.
     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)pete_the_duck 2/28/13 8:01 a.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Revenant1988 2/28/13 8:16 a.m.
                 "We couldn’t figure out how the story ended."mr_mcmurder 2/28/13 8:33 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)DarkReign2021 3/1/13 12:50 a.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)thebruce0 2/28/13 8:57 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)pete_the_duck 2/28/13 9:02 a.m.
                       Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Jaydee 2/28/13 11:35 a.m.
                             Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 2/28/13 12:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Revenant1988 2/28/13 12:53 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 2/28/13 1:40 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*bryan newman 2/28/13 1:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 2/28/13 3:08 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*bryan newman 2/28/13 8:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 3/1/13 6:59 a.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 9:11 a.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 3/1/13 2:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 5:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Louis Wu 2/28/13 3:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Leviathan 2/28/13 5:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 9:14 a.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Louis Wu 3/1/13 1:25 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 1:41 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*DEEP NNN 3/1/13 2:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 5:14 p.m.
           "What if in the end of season 2....bryan newman 2/28/13 12:40 p.m.
                 the phones... RANG?" *NM*munky-058 2/28/13 12:51 p.m.
                 Re: "What if in the end of season 2....bluerunner 2/28/13 4:00 p.m.
                       Re: "What if in the end of season 2....Gravemind 2/28/13 6:43 p.m.
                       Totally using this. *NM*MoltenSlowa 3/1/13 12:44 a.m.
                 Re: "What if in the end of season 2....General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:49 p.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Quirel 2/28/13 12:41 p.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.