Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

One more long-distance route
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 2/10/13 8:16 a.m.

In Response To: More bridge descents *VID (Sligfantry.)

Yep, you missed one. Your long-distance descents involved the near left, far left and far right, but there's also an option for the near right. I was doing it by taking a diagonal running jump off the lower deck, but it might also be viable by going off the top deck or from the V. Anyway, with a long-distance bounce off the ledge - more specifically off the friendly 'chevron' feature mentioned and shown in my descent guide - you can reach the area in which the hog gets left. I cushioned my fall with the large rock there but probably you could also use the small rock or the hog (I almost got a bounce off the hog one time, but landed just short at the front tyre).

It may also be possible to get cushioned by the Pelican while it's making the drop. In fact that's what I was trying first. I hit the top several times but always died, which surprised me because it seemed so friendly in your video. In my case the Pelican was at its lowest point, so I'm wondering if the difference was merely that in your case it was a few metres off the ground, hence you weren't falling quite so far before the impact. Or possibly it behaved differently because it was in flight? Either way, maybe survival is possible by hitting it just before its at the lowest point of the drop. Or maybe I just needed to hit it on a different part; something sloping perhaps. I'll probably give it another go when my left thumb is less sore from doing that crouch-release business over and over!

In your descent work, did you die much when hitting the top?

Incidentally, it was a fickle business trying to effect a jump on the ledge. More often than not, it didn't register. Probably something to do with the steepness on the chevron. I think maybe it's right on the borderline of steepness for whether a jump can occur.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/9/13 2:47 p.m.
     Re: More bridge descents *VIDLouis Wu 2/9/13 3:05 p.m.
           Re: More bridge descents *VIDRockslider 2/9/13 5:13 p.m.
     …with mid-air Pelican boarding!Rockslider 2/9/13 4:12 p.m.
     Re: More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/9/13 5:32 p.m.
     Wowzers.uberfoop 2/9/13 6:03 p.m.
     One more long-distance routeRockslider 2/10/13 8:16 a.m.
     Re: More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/10/13 1:52 p.m.
           Re: More bridge descents *VIDRockslider 2/11/13 12:55 p.m.
                 Re: More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/12/13 11:16 a.m.
                       Re: More bridge descents *VIDRockslider 2/12/13 12:22 p.m.
                             Re: More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/12/13 1:16 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.