Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: More bridge descents *VID
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 2/9/13 3:05 p.m.

In Response To: More bridge descents *VID (Sligfantry.)

: Here's another way down from the twin bridges -
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgHJFoi7q1A

: And here's some more for the first bridge -
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gpKyTKmj_A
: One of the things I do is board the Pelican in mid-air.

okay first off, I'd like to say that these are pretty cool, and I'm amazed there are still so many variants to find at this stage.

I'd like to follow that up with some negativity, though, in the hopes that they'll make future content from you more watchable.

The filming-off-the-TV gave me a headache after a couple of minutes. I understand that you don't have any way to film it directly, and that the game itself forces you to do your own filming or not record it at all; there is no way for someone to do it for you, unless they can repeat your gameplay. That's all fine - so you should put your film together with these limitations at the forefront of your mind.

You ran through the same jumps a million times (well, a bunch of times) - maybe you wanted to show us that it wasn't a fluke, but I didn't need to SEE it a million times. Twice would have been plenty. (Once would have been acceptable, with explanation.) And there are no breaks in the film - there's no way to know where one route down stops, and the next one starts, so I couldn't even fast-forward without being worried I might have missed stuff. You clearly have the ability to add text - you did so in the first video.

If you'd put up a note at the start of the second vid saying 'method one starts at x seconds. Method 2 starts at y seconds.' etc, I'd have been thrilled - when I'd seen enough to understand what you were doing, I could move on without worrying about missing something. And if you'd started each route down with a quick explanation of what we were about to look at, I would have had context for the drops.

Just some observations, and potential ideas for the next film. :)

Message Index

Replies:

More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/9/13 2:47 p.m.
     Re: More bridge descents *VIDLouis Wu 2/9/13 3:05 p.m.
           Re: More bridge descents *VIDRockslider 2/9/13 5:13 p.m.
     …with mid-air Pelican boarding!Rockslider 2/9/13 4:12 p.m.
     Re: More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/9/13 5:32 p.m.
     Wowzers.uberfoop 2/9/13 6:03 p.m.
     One more long-distance routeRockslider 2/10/13 8:16 a.m.
     Re: More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/10/13 1:52 p.m.
           Re: More bridge descents *VIDRockslider 2/11/13 12:55 p.m.
                 Re: More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/12/13 11:16 a.m.
                       Re: More bridge descents *VIDRockslider 2/12/13 12:22 p.m.
                             Re: More bridge descents *VIDSligfantry. 2/12/13 1:16 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.