glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: REALLY shocked that Hedge just did this to me.
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 1/20/13 9:03 a.m.

In Response To: REALLY shocked that Hedge just did this to me... (The Lionheart)

: But in the span of a few seemingly innocuous tweets, I received THIS tonight:

: Now, if I were you, I'd be highly suspicious of what those tweets were,
: because hey! Hedge is a cool guy and wouldn't just off and do/say
: something like that unprovoked, right?

: THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!

: I don't blame you for being suspicious, so don't take my word for it, read it
: yourself:

: WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID?! What is going on here? Man! I didn't even get a
: chance to respond, ask him what happened, nothing. Just... "severed."

This is part of why I don't care for Twitter, there isn't enough space to explain yourself most of the time.
He might be going on something you posted, or it might have been how you took what he said and turned it into being about Bungie vs. 343i, or he might have assumed you were being negative, and given the previous post about creating and not negating maybe he was thinking "if you're not going to listen to me, I'm not going to listen to you", or just that you guys wouldn't see eye-to-eye so it would be better not to chat. Any way you slice it it's rude though. I've only seen Hedgemony respond like that a few times before and he had better reasons; I'd expect this from some people (even some HBOers) but not him.

: Maybe most people really couldn't care less whens someone that they feel a
: sense of fellowship with suddenly turns around unexpectedly and kicks them
: in their NUTS and says something sarcastic about how they're happy you're
: in pain, but I'm not one of those people.

I think you're exaggerating a little, if not outright assuming something.

: My night is pretty much ruined. I can't write off Hedge as someone whose
: opinion I don't care about, he's an intelligent, articulate, longtime Halo
: fan who has shown in the past a wacky sense of humor that I enjoyed
: experiencing.

Everyone disappoints someone, and virtually everyone says things they don't mean and does things they quickly regret. Respect is earned (or it should be) and it can be lost. Are these clichés doing anything for you? Personally I try not to care about what anyone else says unless they're my close friends or family or they have a really big cultural impact, and I try not to care what anyone else does if I can't control or influence it.
full disclosure: I haven't read the rest of the thread; I didn't want to forget or lose track of my reaction, and it seemed like The Lionheart wanted reactions or something along those lines

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

REALLY shocked that Hedge just did this to me...The Lionheart 1/20/13 12:22 a.m.
     Re: REALLY shocked that Hedge just did this to me.KP 1/20/13 12:30 a.m.
           Re: Wah wah wah...Hedgemony 1/20/13 12:57 a.m.
                 Re: Wah wah wah...The Guardians 1/20/13 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Wah wah wah...The Lionheart 1/20/13 3:27 p.m.
     I was mistaken to post this.The Lionheart 1/20/13 12:58 a.m.
           Re: I was mistaken to post this.Revenant1988 1/20/13 1:01 a.m.
     REALLY shocked that Cody just did this to me..Hawaiian Pig 1/20/13 2:01 a.m.
           Re: REALLY shocked that Cody just did this to me..elessar787 1/20/13 2:30 a.m.
           Re: REALLY shocked that Cody just did this to me..General Vagueness 1/20/13 9:32 a.m.
           Re: REALLY shocked that Cody just did this to me..Cody Miller 1/20/13 9:45 a.m.
     Re: REALLY shocked that Hedge just did this to me.Grizzlei 1/20/13 5:49 a.m.
     So what's up in this thread? *NM*Flynn J Taggart 1/20/13 6:14 a.m.
     Re: REALLY shocked that Hedge just did this to me.General Vagueness 1/20/13 9:03 a.m.
     Highshool.Bungie.Org *NM*Ibeechu 1/20/13 11:53 a.m.
           Horsez&Babyz.Org. *NM*munky-058 1/20/13 1:50 p.m.
     REALLY shocked that Korny just did this to me...bluerunner 1/20/13 2:10 p.m.
           Re: REALLY shocked that Korny just did this to me.Grizzlei 1/20/13 2:28 p.m.
                 Crunchy != Crispy. Crispy is the best. *NM*snakegriffin 1/20/13 4:28 p.m.
                       For me, it's crumbly or bust.The Lionheart 1/20/13 7:00 p.m.
                 Re: REALLY shocked that Korny just did this to me.Quirel 1/20/13 4:43 p.m.
                       Re: REALLY shocked that Korny just did this to me.Grizzlei 1/20/13 5:08 p.m.
     REALLY shocked that Schooly just did this to KPTex 1/20/13 2:45 p.m.
           SchoolyD - Brokebackin' it with KPThe Lionheart 1/20/13 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: SchoolyD - Brokebackin' it with KPPostmortem 1/20/13 4:45 p.m.
           Re: REALLY shocked that Schooly just did this to Kkanbo 1/20/13 3:36 p.m.
                 Get frak'dThe Lionheart 1/20/13 3:40 p.m.
                 Re: REALLY shocked that Schooly just did this to KKalamari 1/20/13 3:43 p.m.
                       Re: REALLY shocked that Schooly just did this to KThe Lionheart 1/20/13 3:47 p.m.
           Re: REALLY shocked that Schooly just did this to KHawaiian Pig 1/20/13 9:12 p.m.
                 Re: REALLY shocked that Schooly just did this to KKP 1/21/13 12:41 a.m.
     Whee doggies.Louis Wu 1/20/13 4:38 p.m.
           Re: Whee doggies.pete_the_duck 1/20/13 5:35 p.m.
           Re: Whee doggies.The Lionheart 1/20/13 6:52 p.m.
                 Re: Whee doggies.kanbo 1/20/13 7:09 p.m.
                       Re: Whee doggies.The Lionheart 1/20/13 7:43 p.m.
                       Re: Whee doggies.bluerunner 1/20/13 8:13 p.m.
                             Re: Wee doggies.Chewbaccawakka 1/20/13 8:44 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.