Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Halo 4 thoughts.
Posted By: Darknesshasfallen <Darkneshasfallen@aol.com>Date: 11/22/12 10:38 p.m.

Hello again all.

Overall Halo 4 was a great game. I wasn't as disappointed in the story as I had been for Halo 2 or Halo 3's endings... I was left satisfied with just enough questions and speculation on what will happen next to have me wanting more (and that's a good thing). I was expecting BIG disappointment, and I got some of the best elements from previous Halo games instead. I love the matchmaking hoppers so far, and except for the lack of Map variety I like the Mulitplayer in this game FAR greater than what was given in Reach. I am very impressed with Spartan Ops and the new content that keeps pouring in each week.

They need to tweak the boost though, it's pretty worthless compared to a jet-pack or Active-camo IMO. It needs to be somewhere between the Flood boost and what it is as a load-out.

The DMR is amazing, but that leaves the BR with a slight disadvantage when it comes to power at Mid-Range. (Not that I care, I enjoy the DMR more)

But here is my big issue with the Rank System right now (And NO, it's not the daily XP cap)

I reached level 70 last night, and I am no longer getting Spartan Points for games completed... THAT isn't an issue really... I would play games all day if I was actually at the full level cap of 130 with all the classes unlocked My issue is: I am on the edge of getting quite a few Commendations completed for my weapons and game-types. I don't want to Loose all that Bonus XP that I would get otherwise. This forces me to set Halo 4 down and play something else. Now I don't see how this idea benefits 343i as a company or me as a fan in any way shape or form... I am limited to this rank until I get an email with the next set of unlocks to begin ranking again, So they don't get the online traffic, and I don't get to play the game I really want to have fun leveling in right now.

Not that I CAN'T play any other game right now (Borderlands 2 comes to mind) But Halo 4 is the game I WANT to play...

Here is the catch: I am also a member of the Xbox Live Rewards program. I was going for the 600 Microsoft points earned for playing online in Halo 4... and ranking up hours played to get the awards points, But I really don't want to play online now due to my progress cap being reached so early. This means I would have to choose between loosing all the bonus XP earned or missing out on the Microsoft points. IMO it's a loose loose for me.

Really a big let down for the Holidays...

~ End Rant ~

With that said, Still like everything else about the game, the load-outs feel pretty balanced and I am starting to get the hang of the Railgun (Loads of fun)

Anyways, Thanks for the great game 343, I am now looking forward to the Future of Halo again. good work.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 4 thoughts.Darknesshasfallen 11/22/12 10:38 p.m.
     Re: Also; Boom *Img*Darknesshasfallen 11/22/12 11:02 p.m.
           wow *NM*NikGntre 11/23/12 1:28 a.m.
     "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"MoltenSlowa 11/23/12 2:43 a.m.
           Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"darknesshasfallen 11/23/12 7:24 p.m.
                 Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"tiny 11/24/12 9:40 a.m.
                       Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"RC Master 11/24/12 11:17 a.m.
                             Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"Louis Wu 11/24/12 12:09 p.m.
                                   Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"RC Master 11/24/12 3:22 p.m.
                                         Wait, hang on...RC Master 11/24/12 3:26 p.m.
                                               Re: Wait, hang on...MacGyver10 11/24/12 3:47 p.m.
                                                     Re: Wait, hang on...Louis Wu 11/24/12 4:01 p.m.
                                                           Re: Wait, hang on...RC Master 11/24/12 4:11 p.m.
     Re: Halo 4 thoughts.RC Master 11/23/12 11:00 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.